Amazon Visa card 10% off on gas until 12/31

I wonder if this includes store branded gas stations (Safeway, Costco, etc)?

Either way, thanks for the post.

Nice, but it didn't work for me just now. "System is unavailable at this time."

Might just be overloaded servers, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I signed up for the promotion early last month, shortly after taking delivery on an EV. Drove that almost exclusively so only spent $5 on gas in October - saved $0.50!

Yeah, no gasoline deals for me either!

I no longer have that Chase card anyway. We pretty much exclusively use the Amazon store card so Chase eventually dropped us.

Last edited:
Not available for me, received "The offer you are attempting to access is not available for the card account you entered" message.

Not me either.:(

I only get 5% off gas, groceries, and prescriptions until the end of December. That's probably the better deal for me since we spend way more on groceries than gas.

Didn't work for me. Thanks for the heads up though!

I shouldn't need it anyway after they draw my $1.6B ticket tonight.

Not me either.:(

I only get 5% off gas, groceries, and prescriptions until the end of December. That's probably the better deal for me since we spend way more on groceries than gas.

no go for me either :(

The offer you are attempting to access is not available for the card account you entered. If you have another account, please try signing in using that card's information.

I really didn't want to dig that card out of my sock drawer anyway. We already get 6% off gas, groceries, and drug stores using an old grandfathered AMEX Blue Cash card. But we're spending quite a bit more on gas now with our camper van. So I gave it a shot.

I tried, but didn't dig deep enough. For starters, from that link, you have to go to: chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs.

And it's not enough to look under Gas Stations to see what's exempted, even though they did mention a few:

Merchants that do not specialize in selling automotive gasoline are not included in this category; for example, truck stops, boat marinas, oil and propane distributors, and home heating companies.

You have to look under Grocery Stores:

Purchases made at gas stations from merchants who also operate grocery stores are not included in this category.

And under Wholesale Clubs:

Gas, fuel, wholesale specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement will not qualify in this category.

About what I expected and now I know.

Apparently, the offer is a targeted offer. But, the cost of trying is just a few minutes. And it's retroactive to 10/1. Worth a shot.

I wish they had publicized this more! We only use the card for Amazon purchases now, since our Fidelity card gives us 2% on everything, which is better than the Chase 1.5% on most things.

I just activated it, thanks!

My Chase Amazon Visa card is my primary card and I'm an Amazon Prime member but it didn't work for me. I put about $4,000 a month on that card and over $800 in fuel last month alone. (Drove the RV to Moab and back)

I wonder what the criteria was for qualifying. Evidently, they figured they didn't need to encourage me to use the card?

My Chase Amazon Visa card is my primary card and I'm an Amazon Prime member but it didn't work for me. I put about $4,000 a month on that card and over $800 in fuel last month alone. (Drove the RV to Moab and back)

I wonder what the criteria was for qualifying. Evidently, they figured they didn't need to encourage me to use the card?

That's interesting. It accepted me without any questions other than "Last name," "Last 4 digit of card number," and "Zip Code."

We use the card only for Amazon (Including "Fresh") and spend less than half of what you do.

I am not sure how it is going to help me as, so far this year, we spent $5.50 on gas.

No issues signing up for me. I would assume you need to have the Chase Amazon PRIME card...there is another Chase Amazon card, but is not a PRIME card.

I no longer have that Chase card anyway. We pretty much exclusively use the Amazon store card so Chase eventually dropped us.

I am curious why you went that way. It has been several (too many) years since I elected to use the Chase card and Amazon dropped our Store Card account. I have forgotten since then why I found the Chase Card more advantageous. What did you find superior with the Store Card? (I may have to revise my thinking.)

I signed up for this offer when it first came out. I do think Chase offers are targeted, so not everyone gets the same offers. I also have a Chase Marriott rewards card, and it had an offer for 10 points per dollar on gas instead of the regular 2 points. Somewhat same offer.

No issues signing up for me. I would assume you need to have the Chase Amazon PRIME card...there is another Chase Amazon card, but is not a PRIME card.

Mine is the Prime - and it still doesn't work!

Got the offer last month. Several of the gas stations around me sell gift cards, so for example, I knew I needed something at Lowes for $250. I stopped at the gas station, got a $250 gift card, then drove to Lowes. Easy $25 cash back.

According to my spreadsheet (yes, I have a spreadsheet for everything), I've spent $1,265.92 of the $1,500. I should easily make the rest of the $234 by the end of the year - just on gas.

Got the offer last month. Several of the gas stations around me sell gift cards, so for example, I knew I needed something at Lowes for $250. I stopped at the gas station, got a $250 gift card, then drove to Lowes. Easy $25 cash back.

According to my spreadsheet (yes, I have a spreadsheet for everything), I've spent $1,265.92 of the $1,500. I should easily make the rest of the $234 by the end of the year - just on gas.

Oh wow that is great. I'm sorry to be asking but I sort of hate gift cards without significant incentive - have you confirmed you get the 10% off on gift cards? I'm guessing you have if you keep everything in a spread sheet :). Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom