Amazon Visa card 10% off on gas until 12/31

I am curious why you went that way. It has been several (too many) years since I elected to use the Chase card and Amazon dropped our Store Card account. I have forgotten since then why I found the Chase Card more advantageous. What did you find superior with the Store Card? (I may have to revise my thinking.)
Simple process of attrition.

Chase Amazon was 3% discount for Prime members and then Amazon came out with their store card offering 5% discount for Prime members so we switched to the store card and never looked back. Chase did eventually match it, but we didn’t switch back for Amazon orders.

We never carried or used the Chase Amazon card for anything else as other cards (Costco Citi, Fidelity Visa, BofA Cash Rewards) had higher cash back rewards. So Chase eventually dropped us.

Oh wow that is great. I'm sorry to be asking but I sort of hate gift cards without significant incentive - have you confirmed you get the 10% off on gift cards? I'm guessing you have if you keep everything in a spread sheet :). Thanks.
You can check your online account after the purchase has posted, and it will show what bonus you get. Most of my other credit cards, you have to wait until the end of the promotion period, but on this Amazon Chase Visa, it shows and is paid each month.

Oh wow that is great. I'm sorry to be asking but I sort of hate gift cards without significant incentive - have you confirmed you get the 10% off on gift cards? I'm guessing you have if you keep everything in a spread sheet :). Thanks.

As long as the place that it's bought from codes as a gas station, then anything bought there will count. And yes, I do check the statements each month to make sure I'm getting the bonus points. I do the same thing with the 5% categories on the Chase Freedom cards. Obviously, I only buy gift cards for places that I know I'll use eventually.

Pretty much the same deal on my United Airlines card, except it's 10 miles per dollar spent at the gas station. 5 miles per dollar on Amazon purchases. The miles are indicated as soon as the purchase clears, usually within 2 days. On top of that, there are all kinds of rebate offers from Chase, so often you can get some money back as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom