And I Fired Five Years Early ...

In your initial post 2 months ago, didn't you have 2.7m in pre and post tax all in and 2 months later you have 4m in pre and post.
What investments did you have to enable a 1.3m gain in just 2 months?
Just curious...

Individual vs Joint (wife and I) balances. No magic going on here!

I thought he was saying adios to his company.

Not according to this post:

Yeah. I've learnt a lot but there are quite a few people who were rude in their responses to my posts and downright offensive and antagonistic in their personal messages (they in fact asked me to leave the forum!).

Life's too short to waste so I'm off to greener and friendlier pastures. But thanks to those who were helpful.

Since he's still posting, it appears to be a very long goodbye...

A ~50% gain in 2 months is nothing short of magical.

Well he appears to be saying that his first reference was an individual balance, but his follow up post included his wife's accounts.
Thus we can't calculate what the gains were.
Nevertheless......

No I"ll leave this forum shortly.

See my post #18. Too many toxic people posting toxic posts and PMs.

Life's too short to be surrounded by that type of people.

And life is too short to be offended by SGOTI. We have all been there (well, I know I have). There is a lot of wisdom here, and a lot of BS.

Take a break if it helps, but leave the door open.

JMHO

Yeah. I've learnt a lot but there are quite a few people who were rude in their responses to my posts and downright offensive and antagonistic in their personal messages (they in fact asked me to leave the forum!).

Life's too short to waste so I'm off to greener and friendlier pastures. But thanks to those who were helpful.
Dealing with Troublesome Users
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

No I"ll leave this forum shortly.

See my post #18. Too many toxic people posting toxic posts and PMs.

Life's too short to be surrounded by that type of people.
It may seem like you're surrounded but it is just a minority who have never been wrong.

Congratulations on the great offer.

Congratulations on your ER! You won’t regret leaving 5 years earlier than planned.

Good for you! Have fun with the best part of your life!

get back at all the nasty posters by coming back later & telling us about all your adventures in retirement!

do you plan to relocate...e.g. to be nearer to kids/family?

I got lucky with the cost-cutting exercise our company is doing. I think their hope is they can fill my position with someone who gets paid less than ($1.5M - $300K) / 5 per year. Hopefully it will be a win-win situation for the company and I.

But there were some awfully upset people who plan to retire in > 5 years ...

So what do you plan to do now in retirement?

If you read his last few posts on this thread it should be clear one of his first retirement plans is to ignore questions on this website. :)

Yes his version of "talk to the hand"...

Back
Top Bottom