Anyone Buying Into Today's Dip?

In my taxable account, started a small position in ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK) & Beyond Meat (BYND)
Added shares of Honeywell (HON)

IRA & HSA: Added shares of Innovator S&P Preferred ETF (EPRF)

I'm buying again today (right now) with the market down over 650..... Not a lot but a little over 100k worth and all big name companies.

th

Last edited:
I'm hoping my XOM Puts get put to me at $76 as I'd like to pick up 300 shares at that price. But they seem to be hanging around $78. The options expire tomorrow.

Otherwise, sitting still.

Eek, it is a pretty big drop today and Russia has not even invaded yet.

I'm gonna sit over here on the sidelines and see how things play out. Monday is a holiday, market closed.

I'm gonna sit over here on the sidelines and see how things play out. Monday is a holiday, market closed.

Maybe the Russians are waiting until this weekend as to not spook the markets until Monday? :LOL:

ARKK at 68 …

PLTR at 12 ...

Didn't get DM at 4, though.

Last edited:
I added some today. GOOG and PLTR, and small amounts of SPY, MSFT, ARKK and ARKG. Not much compared to most of you here, but enough to make my afternoon exciting.

I sold 2 put contracts each of PLTR 13 and 12, but I closed the 13 contracts just now since I had bought several shares already today. I won't mind if the 200 at 12 get assigned tomorrow.

Aside from the upcoming 20x1 split on GOOG, I like the fact that Alphabet owns 7.5% of SpaceX.

As always, I'm just sitting on the sidelines, neither buying nor selling, which in the past has worked out reasonably well for me from a financial point of view.

Instead I'm watching both the market and the Ukraine situation. To me these topics are fascinating and much more interesting than watching TV/movies. Reminds me of 1959, when I was 12 and totally absorbed in watching the Bay of Pigs crisis unfold. I never regretted taking the time to do that. When this is all over, I will look back on the experience and think, "Wow!!!".

As any soap opera fan will tell you, "These are the Days of our Lives!".

Still waiting to hit my re-balancing band. Slow to get there due to both stocks and bonds moving downward. I'm patient though, so my time will come.

VW

I sold some Feb 25 OTM put contracts to buy back some shares that I "lost" via covered calls last week. The strike prices are the same as what I sold them at. The total value of the shares is 1% of portfolio.

I can always tell if the market has taken a good hit on a certain day when this thread pops back up on "new replies" :)

I can always tell if the market has taken a good hit on a certain day when this thread pops back up on "new replies" :)

It is a more interesting thread than the "my house has gone up another million in value" one.

Remember the Iraq war/invasion. Stocks dropped for quite a while. The week after the war started the market rallied big time. Or does my memory deceive me?

Remember the Iraq war/invasion. Stocks dropped for quite a while. The week after the war started the market rallied big time. Or does my memory deceive me?

The first Gulf War was the day I bought my first equity.

I had no idea what I was doing, but I did not want to wait until market close to buy a mutual fund.

I just thought to myself "who uses a lot of gasoline", spun the dial, and came up with FEDEX.

Back then you had to call up on the phone to buy a stock. The lines were overloaded but I managed to put my order in. The next day when I checked, they had made a mistake and put my order in twice. When I complained, the said, why do you care, it went up . . .

I’m sticking with the math + historical data, which says there’s never been a 15+ year period in history where a 100% equities portfolio had a negative return. I’m 49 years old and in 100% equities and plan to stay there indefinitely.

I may have to change my swing trading strategy. I'm being whipsawed back and forth.

I’m sticking with the math + historical data, which says there’s never been a 15+ year period in history where a 100% equities portfolio had a negative return. I’m 49 years old and in 100% equities and plan to stay there indefinitely.

Yep. And the overwhelming majority of 15 year periods show significant growth of the portfolio.

I may have to change my swing trading strategy. I'm being whipsawed back and forth.

I have had too many OTM put contracts getting assigned. As much as I love stocks, I still like to keep a 7-figure cash stash.

Been itchy to get to write OTM calls for a change, but how can I with the market as lousy as this? I did have some OTM calls getting in-the-money, and the shares shot up out of sight.

Darn! I don't like it when I am forced to buy stocks that keep going down, and to sell stocks that keep going up, but that's the peril of selling options.

OK, lemme count the ones expiring today. All these were OTM when I sold.

Calls expiring worthless: 14 contracts
Calls expiring in-the-money (making me sell): 5 contracts

Puts expiring worthless: 6 contracts
Puts expiring in-the-money (making me buy): 3 contracts

Option premium collected YTD: $30,101.

Last edited:
OK, lemme count the ones expiring today. All these were OTM when I sold.

Calls expiring worthless: 14 contracts
Calls expiring in-the-money (making me sell): 5 contracts

Puts expiring worthless: 6 contracts
Puts expiring in-the-money (making me buy): 3 contracts

Option premium collected YTD: $30,101.

Nice! I tried to get more XOM thru a $76 put but it didn't close that low.:(

I my just have to buy it next week. The other stocks I did not get thru the put were JNJ, F, OKE, and FCX. I'll sell more puts on those stocks next week.

I nibbled on some beaten-up big tech today near the close. Got some good long-term buys.

Back
Top Bottom