Anyone else travel recently or in near future?

YW took a charter flight from LIM>LAX last Friday. Flight was smooth and had the entire business class section to herself. Sat took a flight from LAX>IAD it was jam packed but everyone wore a mask. She recently got her Immigrant Visa to the USA and had to make the trip up before it expired on July 30th.

Hoping to get a Peruvian repatriation flight back to Peru at the EOM or may be stuck up there until Peru opens it's borders again. We originally were going to travel up as a family (condition of visa) but I really really don't want to live there right now and a one way ticket would have been $8,000 for the 4 of us. At the last minute a friend in the US embassy got the Consul to waive the family requirement and let my wife enter the USA alone.

We were thinking about taking a quick camping trip to Arkansas to visit Hot Springs National Park, but still not sure how accessible it will be. Looks like we'll push it a week or so and revisit the idea again.

we're staying at an airbnb on lake hamilton next month

We stayed home April and May, but other than that, we have been camping once a month. Just got back from the Eastern Sierra in California. We are self contained in our pop up camper and don’t stay in campgrounds, but do dispersed camping in National Forests. Much quieter -campgrounds have gotten so noisy! We usually go for a week to ten days and hike trails in the area we stay. The camper is perfect for us and our cat. She’s turning into the best camper cat!

We returned on AA from PV to Vancouver through DFW. We had to stay overnight at The Grand Hyatt. Everyone was masked everywhere. DW need a wheelchair for her hip replacement in May and they wheeled her right to the room. Same with checkin the next day, right by the hotel then the long trip to terminal 5 via wheelchairs and golf carts.

Overall, it was a fair experience compared to the real world. Now we are self-isolating for 14 days.

It went quite smoothly. The flight to Vancouver only had 20 passengers in an Airbus in spite of all restrictions being lifted.

We returned on AA from PV to Vancouver through DFW. We had to stay overnight at The Grand Hyatt. Everyone was masked everywhere. DW need a wheelchair for her hip replacement in May and they wheeled her right to the room. Same with checkin the next day, right by the hotel then the long trip to terminal 5 via wheelchairs and golf carts.

Overall, it was a fair experience compared to the real world. Now we are self-isolating for 14 days.

It went quite smoothly. The flight to Vancouver only had 20 passengers in an Airbus in spite of all restrictions being lifted.
Great for you guys!

Yep, TX started a mask mandate July 3rd, just in time for you guys. Compliance seems to be very high.

So we completed our round trip Central GA to South Texas and back a four days ago. So far so good......

Looks like we will be headed to Dallas area to visit DWs mom primarily as she is having a tough time health wise after years of excellent health (she is 93).

Plenty of flights looks like but very concerned about distancing. We would not choose this time but it seems we really need to get down there.

Unless you travel the US, Tanzania, or Turkey where else can you go?

We used to travel the US and camp out to be in a natural environment and avoid motels but these old bones and joint replacements make getting up off the ground a challenge (envision a turtle on its back) and I'm not yet ready to risk eating in restaurants and sleeping in a motel. Not with the behavior of so many people in the US making it such a risk. This is going to take a great deal of thought to come up with ideas on spending the money we saved for travel in ways that we would enjoy.

Cheers!

DW spent the last two weeks in the Los Angeles and Washington,DC areas.
She noticed that when she arrived from South America to LAX there were no temp checks, health questions etc and she breezed right thru. Spent a lot of time shopping and dining out in the NOVA area and said with the exception of masks and SD life seemed pretty normal. She was staying with illegals and they
were not overly concerned and carried on with their everyday lives and spending money freely.

Upon her return to Peru, she was separated from Intl passengers "bagged and tagged" and sent to a Hotel a 20 min walk from our apartment, She will spend the next 5 days there and be tested 3 times. The Peruvian Govt will pay for the hotel and room service (3 meals/day) while Intl Tourists are kept in a separate hotel on their own dime!

So we completed our round trip Central GA to South Texas and back a four days ago. So far so good......

Good! And I hope you won't have make any more of those trips!

We had flights booked to England in September, but British Airways notified us saying our flights had been cancelled. We would have cancelled ourselves as we don't want to fly now when the pandemic is going full force, but I mean, we would have had to quarantine once we got there and once we got back on top of it, so there was no way we would have gone ahead with the flights anyway.

Last edited:
Honestly, right now, Hidalgo County TX is about the last place I want to be.

True. I read the article you linked. What's happening there is horrifying...

Back
Top Bottom