Anyone here ever have a doctor make a house call?

Not a house call for me, but when we had to put our dog to sleep after a long bout with cancer, including surgery and chemo and he couldn't eat or walk (I took him outside on walks carrying him to his favorite spots), we had a vet doctor come to our house to administer the injection. Our dog had become fearful of the vet hospital and I didn't want him in that state for his last moments.

I remember house calls in the 50's and 60's. Last house call I remember was when we were on vacation in 1985 staying a chalet in a holiday pace in Cornwall, England. Our 3 year old son had a seizure while we were in the resort's swimming pool. (1st of many as it turned out). The doc referred him to the nearest hospital which was about 30 miles away in Devon where he spent a couple of days. England had long since stopped house calls so this was a bit special and we very pleased with the service.

We are on vacations in Europe and just had a pediatrician "house call" for my 3.5 old son.
I actually tried to schedule an office visit first with several peds, but it turned out that the "mobile doc" could see us the earliest. Very pleased with the service.
So they still do it and from what I gathered from the online ads and forums for a small percentage of docs it's a primary mode of operation.

Back
Top Bottom