Anytime Fitness?

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We're thinking about joining Anytime Fitness, as we have homes in Hi and Mt.

They say you can use any facility (after 30 days).

Rates are higher in Hi, where we'd mostly be.

I'm thinking of joining in Mt where dues are about $250/year less. But then I'd feel kind of uncomfortable using the Hi one so much.

I'm not sure I can do this, or if I would if I could.

Anyone know how franchise owners are paid, or have any experience with this outfit?

You could join in Mt , and the next year you could renew at HI , basically alternating each year.
Seems to me the most fair to you and them.
After all joining at HI and using the Mt one even 1/4 of the time seems like you are overpaying.

I have been a member of Anytime for almost 2 years now and find it one of the nice gyms I have used. I joined through my health insurance provider and the cost was about 1/2 of the published price.

Using another facility is a breeze and never been a problem

Good Luck

When I was planning a long stay out of town, I spoke with the owner of my ATF. He proposed a reasonable solution. Please talk to the facility you want to join. I am a big fan of ATF.

When I was planning a long stay out of town, I spoke with the owner of my ATF. He proposed a reasonable solution. Please talk to the facility you want to join. I am a big fan of ATF.

Maybe you could explain a bit more, rather than keep everyone in suspense ?

After all, the owner of the OP's ATF may not be as smart or clever or nice and not suggest as reasonable a solution as you got, in which case the OP could suggest the solution having read it here !

One of my gym buddies went to ATF in Arizona and really liked it. He's said he'd join again if there was a gym closer to his home.

Maybe you could explain a bit more, rather than keep everyone in suspense ?

After all, the owner of the OP's ATF may not be as smart or clever or nice and not suggest as reasonable a solution as you got, in which case the OP could suggest the solution having read it here !

To him, two months seemed reasonable. If your visit to another facility is less than two months, just do it. If longer than that, switch membership.

My local ATF has tons of snowbirds that are using the facility for free. Talking to him made me feel better about my long stays in other towns.

The gym I've been using for the last 5 years started out as an ATF. The original owner sold it because this particular location was playing host to a large number of foreign members (paid their membership at another location but used this one) and over time his costs exceeded his local membership revenue. The new owners dropped the ATF affiliation and have been doing well.

It's a risk the franchise owner takes when they agree to the terms of reciprocity.

Back
Top Bottom