Anyway to Get Historical SEC Yield for FZDXX?

MMxyz74

Dryer sheet wannabe
I finally rolled over my Fidelity 401k Stable Value holdings to a Rollover IRA. I had to call the Fidelity IRA folks to handle the rollover and they put the transferred funds into SPAXX - Fidelity® Government Money Market Fund (3.88 7-day SEC Yield). The transfer was done Tuesday and the funds were available to invest on Wednesday.

I am thinking about moving the rollover funds to FZDXX - Fidelity® Money Market Fund Premium Class (4.26% 7-day SEC Yield).

Does anyone know if there is a way to find the historical 7-day SEC Yield for either of these money market funds?

I finally rolled over my Fidelity 401k Stable Value holdings to a Rollover IRA. I had to call the Fidelity IRA folks to handle the rollover and they put the transferred funds into SPAXX - Fidelity® Government Money Market Fund (3.88 7-day SEC Yield). The transfer was done Tuesday and the funds were available to invest on Wednesday.

I am thinking about moving the rollover funds to FZDXX - Fidelity® Money Market Fund Premium Class (4.26% 7-day SEC Yield).

Does anyone know if there is a way to find the historical 7-day SEC Yield for either of these money market funds?

Do they not show the history of returns for the fund? That will be based on the past yields. It will be lower than the current return and for many years was just above zero. Those funds are not a long term investment, but a good place to park cash for the short term.

I hope that helps,

VW

Do they not show the history of returns for the fund? That will be based on the past yields. It will be lower than the current return and for many years was just above zero. Those funds are not a long term investment, but a good place to park cash for the short term.

I hope that helps,

VW

To clarify what I am asking, the 7-day SEC yield is calculated every day. Yesterday's value was not the same as it was last month, 6 months ago, etc. Does anyone know if the daily SEC yield for these money market funds is available anywhere?

I can see the annual returns for these funds but this not what I am looking for.

I hope that helps,

VW

Yes the annual returns on MM funds would give you the average yield for any given year.

But I think the Fidelity fund Reasearch info in your positions view actually shows you a graph of the yield over time for the MM funds. Goes back 5 years. Click on the fund symbol and research to see that view.

Hint: it’s going to track the Fed Funds rate pretty closely.

Last edited:
Fidelity’s summary page of the fund shows dividend distributions going back to 2014.

Thanks for the link. It shows the 2022 month end 7-day and 30-day SEC yields as well as yesterday's SEC yield - which is more information than I originally had.

I had to call Fidelity today to complete the SPAXX to FZDXX purchase and asked the rep about the historical daily SEC yield. He initially thought there was a spreadsheet somewhere but later said this data does not exist.

I guess I could track the 7-day yields after the Friday closings but I don't expect to keep my funds in FZDXX long-term. Looking to build a 5-year bond ladder with the info I've learned from this forum

Back
Top Bottom