Are you a Forum addict?

Do you have to visit the FIRE Forum?

• Yes, I am addicted. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • Yes, I am addicted and it bugs me.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • No, I stop by a lot but can quit any time.

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • No, I only visit once in a while

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Hey, I've only been here a few times, it's nice, maybe I'll stick around. . .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well...maybe sometimes, uh.. not really...kind of depends.

The only symptom I lack is withdrawal when I'm away from it. But when it's handy, I'm online.

And it's all YOUR fault!

Seriously, I'm on here several times per day. Probably wouldn't be on anywhere near as much if I was ER'd. But I'm trying hard to dot the i's and cross the t's now, and there is so much good info here.

Besides, 98% of the time, prison is a pretty boring place to be. (But, wow, that other 2% is exciting!)

I know that I can quit anytime I want... I've done it hundreds of times!

It's a good thing they don't track daily logins by user name or IP addy :-X

Outtahere said:
Gosh, that's interesting-- what makes you think that?

retiredbop said:
Seriously, I'm on here several times per day. Probably wouldn't be on anywhere near as much if I was ER'd. But I'm trying hard to dot the i's and cross the t's now, and there is so much good info here.
Don't count on it. Many of us are ER'd but still hit the board several times most days. My main PC is in the kitchen so if I am home I check it whenever I take a break from whatever else I am doing.

But I do go out. I do other things. Yeah, I have a life --- really :p

I'm seriously addicted and it bothers me, but not so much that I feel compelled to do something about it...at least not yet. But I've only been around 4 1/2 years, so I may still be suffering from the honeymoon syndrome. :)

So far I've avoided confrontation with my family by convincing them it keeps me from wasting my time (and their inheritance) on a more expensive and even more useless endeavor... golf.

Outtahere said:

Are you sure:confused: Maybe the Moderators just share that over a pint at happy hour! :eek:

After more than a thousand posts, is there any use in denying it?

Somewhat addicted to the forum, but I'm able to take a break for weeks or months at a time.

More addicted to the damn internet. When I go on vacations to remote places without internet access, I get serious withdrawal symptoms, and I start looking around for materials to build an ad-hoc wireless antenna.

this is the addiction? i thought this was the patch. i never get these things right.

now that all my playmates are busier than me, i was sort of hoping i'd eventually find someone to hook up with here. in which case, no, this isn't an addiction at all. this is networking.

The only thing I do more each day, than checking the forum, is checking my portfolio. No funny anecdotes in my portfolio! Some very sad stories though! :D

Here's another angle: I am in the group that really would like to at least semi-FIRE but haven't yet met my financial goals or personal sweet-spot for doing so.

Through magical thinking, hanging around here is a surrogate for being at that point. In fact, it helps me to understand what that point should encompass for me. Kind of like drooling over those brochures of the car you can't affort, that out-of-reach beach home, you name it. It's vicarious FIRE.

And it's awfully hard not to either learn something, get a chuckle, or lend a hand every time you jump in.

REWahoo! said:
So far I've avoided confrontation with my family by convincing them it keeps me from wasting my time (and their inheritance) on a more expensive and even more useless endeavor... golf.

HEY.............wait just a %#* minute.;) Yes it is expensive but it's great if you love the outdoors. I'm sure I will check in a couple of times a day when I retire but nothing like I have been. 3 months to go. :)

Nords said:
Gosh, that's interesting-- what makes you think that?

I think that because I monitor the logins at work on our system. If I could read all the posts without interruptions I'd only login in a couple times a day but that rarely happens.

Addicted.
How could one not be?

I look up to many of you ... for advice, for motivation on getting my butt in gear for ER!

I plan on becoming MORE addicted through 2007 while my financial situation improves, my investments increase, and my net worth nearly doubles (well, that's the goal).

PLEASE NOTE: my NW will double because I'm not worth much right now!
:LOL:

~M

If I were still employed, I'd really be addicted!

Eagle43 said:
If I were still employed, I'd really be addicted!

I would guess that 2/3 members are still working....seems to be a different group during the weekday ;) Seems the usefulness of the forum ebbs and wanes....for example, it was worthless a little while back with all of the "thread crap" that JG was posting.......

Back
Top Bottom