Asphalt Driveway Sealer

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have about 750 square feet to seal. No cracks, no oil or gas spills as this area has not had any cars on it.

So I'm researching on line and I see this stuff called "BlackMaxx 1000" and it costs about $30 a pail. But it has quite a few reviews panning it for peeling off after a short while. They purport a 10 year lifespan for their product.

I keep searching and every single product I find has at least a few bad reviews.

I don't mind paying for a premium product. I'm doing the work myself and it takes just as much time to put down crap (maybe more) as "the good stuff", but I don't want to pay a lot for a crappy product.

You guys are smart and there seems to be expertise in all fields on these forums.

Got any recommendations for what I should use? I'm more interested in durability i.e. not having to do it again real soon or having the stuff just peel off, than I am "ease of application".

thanks

I think I've used the one called Blackmaxx 700 (green lid) and it was pretty good but hardly any better than the one I used before which was Ace Hardware Duragard (red lid) 6 yr. They all last about 3-4 years on my driveway which gets full sun for 5 hrs. I went maybe 5 yrs once but it was starting to degrade so I won't go that long again. I've never put more than a single coat on either. The stuff I like is water based gel product and goes for about $27/pail on sale in the fall. I'll be doing mine again this fall.

I've never had any issues with peeling. I suspect that problem could happen if it's not mixed well before applying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom