At a Glance Look at Pricing Strategies

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
TaxAct has been trying to get my attention as you can see from their emails. It's interesting to see their pricing strategy, and their attempts to make higher prices look like a sale:

RBcGe7s.png

I've scratched my head a few times over some of those Tax Act emails. I normally just pay when I need to get a printout or need something not offered w/o paying, and pay whatever it is at the time. For a one/year expense, I don't get too worried about a few bucks plus/minus.

I see I paid 19.99 this year (Fed and one state). Looks like the $17.99 is the best they offer regularly, if I see that $15.99, I should probably just do it.

-ERD50

I've been using it since 1995... I think named 2nd Story...
With a simple return, it has worked for me... haven't had to pay taxes since those early days...
One nice thing about being poor, is that it only takes about 20 minutes to complete the Federal return, and another 10 to finish the state return.
:dance:

On the other hand, it could be worth it to have more money and take a little longer to file.
:blush:

Paid the $15.99 in December

I have used the IRS free file for my mothers return, all free ( I may start using it for mine ). Worth a look if you qualify.

Using TaxAct since 98 when they started. They usually offer a lockin special for the next year return, also have specials on slickdeals, TaxACT Coupons, Promo Codes, Deals & Sales - Mar. 2015 | Slickdeals
It's still active for ultimate bundle for $11.99

TaxAct started from the leftovers of Personal Tax Edge ( Parsons Technology ), another victim of Intuit. I think one of the reason I dislike TT/Intuit is over the years they have managed to buy up and destroy many of the financial software programs I used and was happy with.

I have used the IRS free file for my mothers return, all free ( I may start using it for mine ). Worth a look if you qualify.

Using TaxAct since 98 when they started. They usually offer a lockin special for the next year return, also have specials on slickdeals, TaxACT Coupons, Promo Codes, Deals & Sales - Mar. 2015 | Slickdeals
It's still active for ultimate bundle for $11.99

TaxAct started from the leftovers of Personal Tax Edge ( Parsons Technology ), another victim of Intuit. I think one of the reason I dislike TT/Intuit is over the years they have managed to buy up and destroy many of the financial software programs I used and was happy with.
It's funny though. Microsoft tried really hard to destroy Intuit with Microsoft Money.

Maybe Intuit just adopted those same tactics.

Back
Top Bottom