AT&T won't sell my U-Verse

soupcxan said:
So I go to the website to sign up. "U-verse is not available at your address". Oh, then why have you been direct mailing me with what must be 100 peices of junk mail about u-verse? I call the number and ask them to validate my address. They tell me that several people in my neighborhood have u-verse, including my next door neighbor, so I should be able to get it. They will open a ticket to investigate and promise to call in a week.

Two months go by. I hear nothing. I go back to the u-verse website just to see if they updated it but forgot to tell me. "U-verse is not available at your address." Talk about a race to the bottom...

If it's this hard to get, imagine how well things will go once you've got the service.

"Hello, my service is out."

"Yes sir. Our records show that U-verse is not available at that address."

"But it was working yesterday."

"Yes sir. But U-verse is not currently available at that address."

I went through this fire drill with ISDN (stone age DSL) years ago. Not only did it stop working after several months, they refused to let me disconnect it. It was work related, and although I paid the bill, a former IT manager 'owned' the account. I wound up suggesting that I could simply stop paying the bill, as they would eventually turn off the service. A few managers later they agreed to turn off and stop billing for the installed service that wasn't available at my location...

They still think they're the Bell System, especially now that they've got the band back together.

MPaquette and Soupcxan, that is the experience of one of our neighbors. We have the naked DSL at our house, yet every time they try to ask for it to get it instead of cable, ATT tells them that it isn't available in their area. So frustrating for them!

And I love that "especially now they've got the band back together", Paquette! :)

I recently had to replace my AT&T DSL modem after 6 years. The replacement modem cost $75 with no rebate.

If you call AT&T DSL tech support. The first question they will ask is whether or not you have a non AT&T furnished wireless router. If you have a Brand X wireless router (as I do). AT&T DSL tech support will not continue until you disconnect your wireless router and connect your PC directly to the DSL modem.

I bought one cheaper on Ebay...

But, I did purchase another wireless router and could not get it working no matter how many changes I made to the various options etc... and I followed the various 'fixes' that the manufacturer gave...

SOO, called AT&T and got a refund on my modem only and got the wireless... plug and play... I have been happy with it even though I have read a number of reviews that it is not the best...

Back
Top Bottom