Auto tax withholding from Vanguard withdrawals TURBOTAX

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I had Vanguard take taxes from some IRA withdrawals. I'm looking at EFTPS to see if they were credited there. They are not. Where do I find where Vanguard sent the taxes they withheld?
I'm using TurboTax and it is asking me to enter Quarterlies, It is getting convoluted because of Vanguards tax withholding.

Withholding from an IRA shows on the 1099-R that Vanguard issued in box 4. If you have multiple accounts at Vanguard, then the 1099-R is separate from all other tax forms.

Quarterly estimated tax payments are only the ones that you paid directly to the IRS yourself. You might have used EFTPS or Direct Pay or written a check and mailed it. Anything that was sent to the IRS on your behalf by a 3rd party, such as a broker or an employer, must appear on the tax form that is issued by that 3rd party.

Hmm, I found it $1,343, but there should be another $8,400. Ok, our account is setup so all our accounts are under my login and password, but under her login and password, only hers. Under hers, there is another 1099R, for withdrawals from her SEP/IRA, it shows the withholding, however that for did not transfer over to TURBOTAX. I don't see the identifying info to allow that to happen. Oh well it's filed now. 4 hrs and only minimal swearing, mostly trying to get IDme. to work.

Back
Top Bottom