Best (Apple) Mac Forum?

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back...... ha !

We swapped over to Macs in ~2003 and was best thing we ever did for all the reasons that folks have discussed above.

For Mac and iPhone updates - I will do them soon as available and have never had any issues.

ms gamboolgal likes to wait to do updates - usually until she causes herself pain..... Thats why we have His & Hers Macs and iPhones.....

Mac Forums is also very good for information

https://www.mac-forums.com

My first home computer, aside from a few programmable calculators, was a 512K fat Mac. I think that was back in the mid 80s. After that switched to nothing but PCs until I bought an iMac in 2013 and will probably remain Apple for life.

I use MacRumors for my Apple products.

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back...... ha !

Not necessarily DH had both a Mac notebook and Mac desktop and he went back to Windows.

As an aside, I would never have a Mac desktop (I am thinking of getting a notebook). For gaming performance the Mac is really not sufficient particularly in terms of graphics cards.

Last edited:
As an aside, I would never have a Mac desktop (I am thinking of getting a notebook). For gaming performance the Mac is really not sufficient particularly in terms of graphics cards.

I don't believe the Mac was ever intended to be a gaming computer, as its more of a general purpose home machine and is strong for photo editing. On the other side, I am not sure you can achieve a 4.5 - 5K display at a comparable cost with a windows machine.

I will say this, my Macs have lasted longer than my Windos machines in terms of being useful for the work I do. I had replaced my Windows machines every 4-5 years as they simply ran out of gas and were to slow. My Macs go 5-7 years before their performance motivates me to replace them. I am writing this on a 2015 MacBook. It's a bit slow these days, but not so slow that I am willing to buy a new one.

Having lived in the DOS and Win era's I have learned to always wait on major OS updates.

Back
Top Bottom