To buy a desktop computer/Related Q's

I use my Macbook laptop for about two hours a day - far easier to compose and communicate on it than iPad.

I cannot imagine returning to yore when multiple pieces of third party SW were necessary to complete what I know are basic functions like backup.

I don't want to sound too odd ... BUT ... my original Mac is in the attic - the one with the signatures of the developers inside the casing.

I know everyone is simply waiting for the required adversing for the Mac ... but, remember, without the Mac there would be no iPhone, no earbuds, no iPads, no transparency between different pieces of equipment, no video and audio editing. Or, maybe it would simply have been delayed until 2050 :)

OK - it has been a slow afternoon.

My first home computer was a fat mac (512K), after that everything remained a PC desktop at home since all my work computers were PCs until 2013. Then, being retired, I switched to an iMac desktop which ran flawlessly. I moved up to a bigger screen and more power in 2022 with a mac studio. I have no desire to switch back to a PC or a laptop. If you do not know Apple's MacOS is based on UNIX which dates back to the mainframe and minicomputer days.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
I have from time to time looked at these mini PC's, they definitely seem to be a lot cheaper than a full size PC but how's the long term reliability on them?

EDIT, I just noticed that the Amazon page says not available for shipping to my address. Does anybody know why that happens, it's not like I'm in the boonies. I live in a pretty large city in Southern California. I wonder if California has some restriction that the seller doesn't want to deal with.

I have noticed this several times, for some reason they won't/can't ship to po box but when I change it to residence it is okay. Has only happened with computers I ordered.

I have noticed this several times, for some reason they won't/can't ship to po box but when I change it to residence it is okay. Has only happened with computers I ordered.
I don't have a PO Box address but when I looked further Beelink is selling it under 3 different variations of their name and it's available as a local locker pickup on the other listing. Still dithering over whether to purchase it or not at this point.

I don't have a PO Box address but when I looked further Beelink is selling it under 3 different variations of their name and it's available as a local locker pickup on the other listing. Still dithering over whether to purchase it or not at this point.
I looked through several mini-PC brands a few weeks back. I decided that I'd be better off with initial support from a large company, like Dell.

So, did you see the documentary about Sun Remarketing, and their ups and downs with Apple, long ago?

https://forums.appleinsider.com/dis...-was-just-the-beginning-shows-new-documentary

Back
Top Bottom