Best Exterior Paint and why

It does depend on which part of the country you are in. Here in NE.FLA. Sherwin Williams Loxon Elastomeric is the best you can buy for our climate. It is not cheap but.

I used Sherwin Williams (superpaint I think) on the exterior of my house and it has worked well in my opinion.

Someone mentioned it's expensive. I think it's about $45 a gallon normally, but it also goes on pretty good sales every few months where it's like 30% off. Since I'm in no hurry to paint anything, I wait for the sales weekends.

When we had the back porch and deck painted the painter used Sherwin Williams paint there and on the interior parts they did and that paint seems to be holding up well although it's only been two years. I did buy some more for other rooms to match colors and like SecondCor521 I just wait for the sales, and those prices are competitive with everyone else. Or like most places your can sign up for an account and they'll let you know when the sales are, then turn off the notices when you're not in the market for that product any more.

Our Masonite siding was replaced with Hardiboard in 2008 after we received our class action settlement. We had the installers paint the entire house and they used Sherwin Williams paint which still looks good despite our hot Atlanta summers. I need a few freeze boards replaced due to carpenter bee damage and also need to get off my backside and replace two more window sills. Afterwards, I will have the house repainted again with the same paint. It was expensive but as has been mentioned before, the cost of the paint was really insignificant in relation to the cost of the labor to clean and paint.

We are trying to decide on a door color now. A darker gray or another color? Seems like wood finish doors are not as popular as they once were.

We just had our exterior painted - top of line Benj Moore, primed first. Warm gray (Revere Pewter) with white trim and painted our doors BM Wrought Iron. I LOVE them. It's like a light black, but not black. BM sells pint-sized sampler paint they color to order; I bought that first and painted it on a large piece of mat board.

Top of the line Ben Moore works well for me. About $55/gallon (on sale in warm weather), but it lasts about 10 years on my 135 year old siding.

THIS! 14 years and still looks great. I am South Carolia. One side gets too much sun but hasn't faded a bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom