Looking for suggestions on ceiling fans for new house

Yes, I'm buying ones with a 12" down rod for the 9 foot ceilings.

Here’s the two I have. One on the cathedral and on on the 9 ft.

Attachments

• A68F7D34-52FB-47D4-814A-72B27E977505.jpg
    A68F7D34-52FB-47D4-814A-72B27E977505.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 16
  • 610B5F11-F281-4619-8C23-C8D3B0DA6AD3.jpg
    610B5F11-F281-4619-8C23-C8D3B0DA6AD3.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 14
I would avoid fans with built in LEDS. A friend has one, and if I recall doesn’t like it because the lighting level is fixed, and if the LEDs break she can’t swap them out for a new bulb
I agree with not getting fixed LEDs, but one can probably find fans with fixed LEDs that are dimmable, probably even with selectable color temperature, but the problem of them failing is still there. So I buy fixtures that use standard Edison (E26) base bulbs. I avoid the E12 candelabra bases, too.

I would avoid fans with built in LEDS. A friend has one, and if I recall doesn’t like it because the lighting level is fixed, and if the LEDs break she can’t swap them out for a new bulb

+1 It may be difficult to get replacements for non-standard lights.

Similarly, after installing a toilet with an integral flush valve, I recognized too late that I might have a problem repairing it later.

Fans

Living in Florida, I’ve bought a lot of fans over the years.

My priorities.
1. If I want a light, high lumen output and dimmable.
2. Bedrooms. I want an absolutely quiet fan. No motor noise or vibration on low.

I have a mix of fans. High end Hunters and Hampton Bay. Design and weatherproofing (for outside) are considerations.

We have one Big Ass Fan ( yes, that is a brand) Haiku style. Expensive, but we like it.

Most have remotes now. For the outdoor fans, I got ones with wall controls in the switch. My switches are inside and that avoids some corrosion.

Loose remotes get lost.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom