Best Retirement J*bs

Independent travel.

My job is finding and booking attractive international travel opportunities and interesting travel experiences for us.

Starting back up next month after a two year lay off!

The opposite could be true too and then you realize you’re not as smart as you think you are. :LOL:

True, there are a lot of people who are very smart in a specific field of work, or have strong common sense.

I hike and camp with a guy who can figure out what you need and hand it to you before you realize you need it. That's some exceptional smarts.

Independent travel.

My job is finding and booking attractive international travel opportunities and interesting travel experiences for us.

Starting back up next month after a two year lay off!
My wife and I are sticking our toes in the water of international travel in September, to Ireland and Normandy, France.

I’m curious about selling on EBay. Where do you source your packing/shipping materials and how do you know how much to charge for shipping ?
Also, how do you collect payments, PayPal ?

I’m curious about selling on EBay. Where do you source your packing/shipping materials and how do you know how much to charge for shipping ?

If you ship Priority, the materials are free from the post office. Otherwise I reuse shipping materials from other goods we buy.
Shipping costs are based on the eBay app using package dimensions and weight. It’s super easy.
Payments are through eBay. Again, super easy.

I save boxes from everything we get. I collect boxes at work. I recently posted an ask in our local Buy Nothing group for sealed air packing pillows and connected with a guy who works in a distribution center who can get me all the packing pillows and boxes that I can ever use.

The only packing material that I buy (which is deductible as an expense) is bubble wrap.

For shipping, you need a good postal scale which you can get for under $25. Once you have the weight and dimensions, it's easy to plug in the numbers right in the ebay app and purchase and print your postage (or get a QR code that they scan at the post office if you don't have a printer).

Payments used to be more complicated but now ebay handles it all and it couldn't possibly be simpler.

I still work 24 hours/week but YTD have done about $2,500 gross sales and earned $1,700 profit after expenses (but before taxes) just doing it casually on the side. Once I stop working, I should be able to easily do a fair amount more than that if I choose to. It's just a matter of how much time I want to devote to it. But even $500/month profit is a nice chunk of change for something I really enjoy doing. I love hitting yard sales and estate sales and hunting for treasures to resell.

Back
Top Bottom