Blaze grill burner removal

lawman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a Blaze grill that uses cotter pins to hold it in place at he back end of the burner..There is very little space to work in so removal of the pin is difficult and I'm sure getting a new one in would be next to impossible ..Anyone conquered this?

Would it help if you cut the open end of the cotter pin with, say, a Dremel tool?

I can barely reach them with my fingers..I'm hopng someone here has replaced a burner on a Blaze grill..I think it will need to be partially disassembled but I'm not sure where to start.

Here is a video on burner removal. Fast forward to 0:20, it shows using needle nose pliers to remove the pin.

Here is a video on burner removal. Fast forward to 0:20, it shows using needle nose pliers to remove the pin.
Thanks for the video. I think my problem is mine is built in and I can't get to them from the back.

Last edited:
I crawled up under the storage area under the grill and was able to find all for four pins. I think I can probably pull them with an ice pick..Won't be able to replace them but I don't think they are necessary anyway..

I thought everyone had a pair of needle nose pliers.

But that's probably because I have 5 pair - :)

I’d be interested in a review of the Blaze Grill. Our 1st gas grill is getting pretty rusty and DW wants to stick with gas.

I’d be interested in a review of the Blaze Grill. Our 1st gas grill is getting pretty rusty and DW wants to stick with gas.

This will not help you much but I'll just say I had always used charcoal for everything before we built our new house 2 years ago.I thought I wanted an outdoor kitchen so I spent the bucks for it.. The gas grill is one of my biggest regrets. Not only does it not cook flavor into the meat it it is next to impossible to keep clean. The whole thing has to be disassembled to clean it so to avoid that I usually just cook on some copper sheets that will for the most part keep all the juices from running down into the grill..And if you really want some meat with flavor and sear lines you will just have to get that elsewhere. I have ordered a cast iron griddle that I am going to try but so far I'll say you might as well cook in the oven as a gas grill unless you are willing to do a lot of work cleaning.. ...As far as a review of the Blaze I can only say that is what my builder recommended...Good luck!

Thanks lawman. We always had charcoal before and decided to try gas. DW has the touch but everything I cook on it is lacking flavor. Ease of cleaning and rusting out are the main issues. The other problem is not being able to control airflow. I like your idea of using cast iron.

I like my propane grills. Easy to control the fire, unlike charcoal.
Much less mess. If the stuff you cook has no flavor, look in the mirror for the reason.

To clean we pull out the racks, the upside down V shape things that cover the burners, and the grease pan at the bottom. Scrape off the worst stuff, then run them through the dishwasher. Clean the rest with paper towels and

Simple Green. $200 about 12 years ago and it still works like a champ. We also keep a cover on it. :greetings10:

Except for a wire brush on the grill (itself) remove the crusties ya know, I have never cleaned (and never will) anything on an outdoor cooking appliance.

OK, from time to time I hit it with the power washer just to blow the dust off - :)

I like my propane grills. Easy to control the fire, unlike charcoal.
Much less mess. If the stuff you cook has no flavor, look in the mirror for the reason.

To clean we pull out the racks, the upside down V shape things that cover the burners, and the grease pan at the bottom. Scrape off the worst stuff, then run them through the dishwasher. Clean the rest with paper towels and

Simple Green. $200 about 12 years ago and it still works like a champ. We also keep a cover on it. :greetings10:

What brand would that be? I use simple green cleaner on just about anything. I bet I’ve spent > $100 on covers and the current one is all patched up with duct tape. I guess we’ll try a Weber or comparable next.

Except for a wire brush on the grill (itself) remove the crusties ya know, I have never cleaned (and never will) anything on an outdoor cooking appliance.

OK, from time to time I hit it with the power washer just to blow the dust off - :)

For our outdoor BBQ's , we don't wash them.

We heat them up with lid down until they are really hot, and then scrape the grills to knock off the burnt crusty stuff, lower the heat and cook.
After cooking take off the food , raise the temp with lid down for 5 minutes, then turn off leaving the lid down.

about once a summer, I'll pull out the bottom and scrape all the gunk on the bottom off with a clean wall/paint scraper but not trying to get it sparkling clean, just remove the vast majority of it.

What brand would that be? I use simple green cleaner on just about anything. I bet I’ve spent > $100 on covers and the current one is all patched up with duct tape. I guess we’ll try a Weber or comparable next.

The grill is a 4 burner Kenmore that we got at Sears.

We also have a small portable Weber with 1 burner that I cleaned up and revived a while back after it had been sitting because it was nasty dirty.

Seriously. I do also use a putty knife to do some scraping, but nothing I would call “cleaning”. Main goal is to remove any grease from the catch pan and, as Robbie points out, remove some crusties. I’m not positive, but I think my Weber is over ten years old now and not one problem.

As for charcoal vs gas, I have a charcoal grill and a smoker. There’s no doubt charcoal imparts flavor. However, there’s no reason you can’t get a great steak from a gas grill. I’m pretty sure most high end restaurants are not cooking with charcoal.

Back
Top Bottom