Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to bite the bullet and do a complete remodel of our new Palm Springs home. Removing a few walls, replacing all flooring, and redoing a kitchen and 2.5 baths. Major BTD!

Should be interesting - - 6 to 8 weeks makes it between February 18th and March 3rd. Mardi Gras is February 25th, and I live half a block from one of the biggest parade routes in New Orleans - - so due to the crowds it is nearly impossible to get to my house during the week before Mardi Gras. I hope the poor delivery men have enough sense to avoid the parade times and/or deliver during the week after Mardi Gras. :ROFLMAO:

We are blowing some serious dough on a five week cruise around South America, and it will place us in Rio de Janeiro during Carnival. We will be at the Sambadrome during Mardi Gras as a result, and will raise a glass to you all up in NOLA.

white beards make some people look so much older.

LOL. When my beard finally turned white after having one for 15 years, I surprised everybody and shaved it off. So many people commented that I looked 10 years younger.

To add some blow that dough, bought a new garage door and new tires on the wife's car this month.

I also blew 6k for Roth conversion taxes. Wait, does that count?

Last edited:
Should be interesting - - 6 to 8 weeks makes it between February 18th and March 3rd. Mardi Gras is February 25th, and I live half a block from one of the biggest parade routes in New Orleans - - so due to the crowds it is nearly impossible to get to my house during the week before Mardi Gras. I hope the poor delivery men have enough sense to avoid the parade times and/or deliver during the week after Mardi Gras. :ROFLMAO:
We are blowing some serious dough on a five week cruise around South America, and it will place us in Rio de Janeiro during Carnival. We will be at the Sambadrome during Mardi Gras as a result, and will raise a glass to you all up in NOLA.

Oh wow!!! Should be some amazing crowds down there. I have heard that Carnival in Rio is really spectacular to see and experience. Have a wonderful time! :)

I nominate "Beat the Bush" Youtuber, who bought a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Riding ON my Tesla with Smart Summon

We decided to put in a $6,000 free standing tub in our new house. I hope it does more than make me wet.

Final payment on a 10 day bus tour of musically significant pubs in Ireland.

With 24 of our friends. Just us on the bus. In May.

No, that won't be much fun.... ;-)

Hope you hit this one. Kate Kearney's Cottage near the gap of Dunlow

Attachments

• IMG_4120.JPG
    IMG_4120.JPG
    952.3 KB · Views: 72
What bike did you add?

Ordered up a pound of fresh bluefin and a pound of mahi-mahi from Catalina today. Gonna make some sushi/sashimi and mahi on the grill.

Only a hundred bucks delivered - :)

On our recent cruise & trip to Florida, we also picked up a diamond pendant, a Swarovski necklace, and a piece of art glass for about $1500 total.

Booked tickets to Croatia for May. No tours, no set plans. Just us wandering around at our own pace.

Booked tickets to Croatia for May. No tours, no set plans. Just us wandering around at our own pace.

We did the same last year. What a great vacation! I'm sure you'll love it. It's so easy to drive on their modern EU funded highways. Not much traffic and so clean. Really enjoyed their National parks; had a great stay and lovely food at an agritourismo kalpic outside the krka park. Add in island hopping on their fast hydrofoil passenger ferries and you'll have a great time!

Last night I went to see Travis Tritt and had a great time! Had so much fun that I looked up other upcoming events. Celtic Woman is doing a concert near my mom's new house. Called my mom and she was free. Bought tickets. We'll make a weekend of it!

Last edited:
Just got back from a ski trip in Colorado. Paid extra for first class, though one of the two flights each way had no first class. So it wasn't much more after considering the free checked skis. Another benefit I wasn't expecting was the huge line for check-in at the small CO airport. There was a lot of shouting and arguing about who was in line and people cutting. There was an airport person trying to maintain order. After she put out that fire, I asked if this was the line for United, as it was so long it was hard to tell. She meekly replied Yes, waiting for another rant. I asked if there was a first class line and she brightened up and said Yes, but we'll have to part the Red Sea of coach passengers so follow her. That was probably the best part.

We're way ahead of our 2021 FIRE plan so decided we can start a BTD plan.

Today booked 2020 travel:
March Ft Lauderdale scuba & fun
April Spain Madrid/Seville
June Nashville Kenny Chesney concert
August Poland (not yet booked)
November Notre Dame for the Clemson game

Plus we just spent 10 days in Costa Rica at Los Suenos

Might be our best travel year ever!

My Man Cub turns 30 in a couple of months... treating him to 3 days at Pebble Beach. Only possible regret... he has 3 younger sisters so the bar has been set!! WTF! Can't take it with you!

Razor wise, I switched to an epilator a few years back. More of an initial outlay, but no more razors and silky smooth legs for weeks at a time.
OMG- how much do the drugs cost so that you can stand the pain of that epliator?? I bought one and threw it away!

Our month trip to Europe should do it. We paid for the airfare in 2019 but nothing else.
Finishing the bookings on a 2 month trip to Europe this coming summer/fall. Intra Europe flights if you travel light are crazy! Like $20 to go from Seville to Madrid! The taxi to the airport is more! All in all it will be a big chunk of my annual blow the dough budget but a trip of a lifetime... until we do it again next year.....🤑

Paid off our bathroom rebuild bill from Lowes ($2700), and our other visa card ($2400), so both of these monthly payments can now be invested, and start MAKING money, not spending it.

We did the same last year. What a great vacation! I'm sure you'll love it. It's so easy to drive on their modern EU funded highways. Not much traffic and so clean. Really enjoyed their National parks; had a great stay and lovely food at an agritourismo kalpic outside the krka park. Add in island hopping on their fast hydrofoil passenger ferries and you'll have a great time!

We are hoping to spend most of our time island hopping Croatia! Any suggestions?

We are hoping to spend most of our time island hopping Croatia! Any suggestions?

We took a ferry from split to Hvar. Then Hvar to Korchula. On to Mljet. And back to the mainland in Dubrovnik. We stayed at least one night on each island. Lokrum was a short day trip we made from Dubrovnik. Our favorite was Korchula. It’s port is too small to accommodate big cruise ships and the local white wine is great. On each island we hiked; on Hvar we rented scooters and drove around the island. Lots of fun!
Enjoy your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom