Blow that Dough 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not seem like a big BTD deal, but it felt like one to me...

I shelled out an extra few hundred dollars for a nonstop flight to Seoul instead of one with stops and/or long layovers. Fourteen hours instead of forty, no long airport walks between gates, no sleeping in corners of the airport on the floor while waiting for my next flight... what luxury!

Wow, get payoff for just a few hundred dollars!

The alternative sounds like torture to me!

~$100 on the HSA card for SuPrep tablet kit & associated supplies for a...ummm..."procedure" tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 110602.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 110602.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 66
Pulled the trigger on this bad boy! Had to add to the BTD and get a new aluminum trailer to haul it to the range. Lots of sporting clays shoots in our future! I'm a fair-weather shooter, so the heat an A/C will be good for me. Traded our European trip next year for this. Still not ready for air travel yet.

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/...DEFENDER_MAX&package=4X4_LTD&unitId=0006MRD00

Nice! I wouldn't mind a side-by-side. Already have the 12' dump trailer to haul it...probably overkill, heh.

Anyone heard from RobbieB in a while? Miss the perspective he always gave me on living life while having fun.

Yikes! I presume it was storm resistant glass?

Tempered, not impact resistant. That would have been 4 x the cost and the rollers could not take the added weight. Each panel would weight ~300 pounds according to the installer. These weigh ~125 pounds and there are 3 on each door.

The Pic shows 1 of 2 doors we have going out from out Florida Room.

Attachments

• Pool from Florida Room Right Side (Medium).jpg
    Pool from Florida Room Right Side (Medium).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
After buying the vacant lake lot next to us earlier this year and making a circle driveway with level parking. I now have enough lake front 150 ft to add a covered boat slip, so I bought an 18 x 26 use one and moved it 15 miles via water myself using my pontoon boat.

BTD $8000

I guess its a BTD choice. $3400 for a guy to come in and spray foam the house, Instead of DIY with $1000 of insulation.

Nice BTD to all of you. Very nice!!

Anyone heard from RobbieB in a while? Miss the perspective he always gave me on living life while having fun.

Me, too. He's been off for a while.

I booked a 3 night getaway for all the siblings and spouses later this month. It's a rental house with views on Camano Island.

DW and I are being fairly extravagant right now (for us anyway). We're midway through a 10 week ramble through Europe. Cost sounded high until we realized it will end up being about 0.6% of our NW - meaning we could do this every year without blinking and should have started 10 years sooner.

DW and I are being fairly extravagant right now (for us anyway). We're midway through a 10 week ramble through Europe. Cost sounded high until we realized it will end up being about 0.6% of our NW - meaning we could do this every year without blinking and should have started 10 years sooner.

Life is meant to be lived. I am glad to see you are enjoying your slow travel through Europe. I have contemplated slow travel through Europe when the wife retires. In truth, if done right, it can be cheaper to stay in AirBnBs than on a mortgage or rent back at home. Digital Nomads do it all the time. I have vacationed 6x this year to include Europe and Asia. We work hard, so why not "Blow the Dough"...Enjoy.

Tempered, not impact resistant. That would have been 4 x the cost and the rollers could not take the added weight. Each panel would weight ~300 pounds according to the installer. These weigh ~125 pounds and there are 3 on each door.

The Pic shows 1 of 2 doors we have going out from out Florida Room.

That looks absolutely lovely!

Interesting article in Wall Street Journal - "The U.S. Economy’s Secret Weapon: Seniors With Money to Spend"

https://www.wsj.com/economy/consumers/us-economy-seniors-spending-money-d9f529c5 (subscription required)

"Americans 65 and older account for record share of spending...In August, 17.7% of the population was 65 or older...the highest on record going back to 1920... Americans age 65 and up accounted for 22% of spending last year, the highest share since records began in 1972 and up from 15% in 2010...Another factor in the elderly’s favor: relatively strong finances. Americans age 70 and older now hold nearly 26% of household wealth, the highest since records began in 1989, according to the Federal Reserve...By the Fed’s reckoning, baby boomers alone have now amassed $77.1 trillion in wealth..."

Thanks! DH is also a shooting instructor, so this will also be good for that. Did that sound like a justification??:blush::LOL::angel:

Totally, sign me up for refresher lessons - I've gotten kinda rusty from too much big city livin.

Interesting article in Wall Street Journal - "The U.S. Economy’s Secret Weapon: Seniors With Money to Spend"

https://www.wsj.com/economy/consumers/us-economy-seniors-spending-money-d9f529c5 (subscription required)

"Americans 65 and older account for record share of spending...In August, 17.7% of the population was 65 or older...the highest on record going back to 1920... Americans age 65 and up accounted for 22% of spending last year, the highest share since records began in 1972 and up from 15% in 2010...Another factor in the elderly’s favor: relatively strong finances. Americans age 70 and older now hold nearly 26% of household wealth, the highest since records began in 1989, according to the Federal Reserve...By the Fed’s reckoning, baby boomers alone have now amassed $77.1 trillion in wealth..."

Yeh, I read that too. headline makes it sound like Boomers are greedily hoarding all the money (as usual). But, the more nuanced view (which they do give some credit to) is that everybody else is doing so poorly as a result of inflation, housing, debt, rates, job security, etc. Seniors are just less exposed to those issues.

Yep. Perspective is very important when considering whether something is actually a BTD or not. Like, recently, my old Megacorp stock shot up enough that I could have bought a new car with the proceeds. Of course, since then, the stock dropped somewhat. But still, BTD purchases can be rationalized by such thinking. Enjoy - and post some pics when you get back!

I guess we could all chip in and pay off the national debt! Naaaaahhhhhh!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom