Blow that Dough 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the smaller drone?

Cost or thinking that there will be fewer restrictions on where you can fly it?

Not really, it is a really hi-tech unit with 360* obstacle avoidance. I sold my Mini 3 pro, it is to replace it. I am very happy with that series so why switch.

Of COURSE after I signed papers to upgrade my master bath (work to begin in mid-January) I need a dental implant. I've had them before and have to admit that when a dental issue is iffy I just go for the implant. In this case a crown broke off, taking some of the remaining tooth with it, and there was decay underneath, which the dentist drilled out before cementing the crown back on. Not a long-term solution and not much left to put on a new crown so I just got back from the oral surgeon. It's scheduled for January 10.

Good thing I over-saved for retirement.

Not really, it is a really hi-tech unit with 360* obstacle avoidance. I sold my Mini 3 pro, it is to replace it. I am very happy with that series so why switch.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro, going on 5 years now so looking to upgrade.

Larger drones are better able to fly in wind and tend to have larger sensors for better image and video quality as well as things like aperture control.

But the Minis are lighter, easier to pack and have fewer flight restrictions than larger, heavier drones.

I got a Mavic 3 Pro a couple years ago for the better camera and longer battery life. Really been enjoying it.

Attachments

• DJI_0118-20fb.jpg
    DJI_0118-20fb.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 19
Bought four new tires/rims for the DW's UTV - Honda Pioneer and installed them last week. She took it for a spin up at the Farm and gave them her approval.

Heh heh heh - I did try 'Green Slim' on the old tire puncture and THEN decided on the 'Gift'. :facepalm: :D ;)

Booked my 4th future month-long trip (flights from US only) from April 23 to May 25, flying into Rome and out from Madrid. I am wondering if the water is warm enough to swim in southern Italy (Amalfi area) and southern Portugal (Algarve area) in later April and May.

Booked my 4th future month-long trip (flights from US only) from April 23 to May 25, flying into Rome and out from Madrid. I am wondering if the water is warm enough to swim in southern Italy (Amalfi area) and southern Portugal (Algarve area) in later April and May.
Sounds fun. Just booked month-long trip to Japan and Korea next spring.

Sounds fun. Just booked month-long trip to Japan and Korea next spring.

I'm going to be in Korea and Japan in March, April, May. Where are you going? Any specific things that your research has uncovered?

Just paid the balance due on our solar + battery install...$61.4K total ouch. The upside, there's an $18K federal tax credit.

I'm going to be in Korea and Japan in March, April, May. Where are you going? Any specific things that your research has uncovered?
I like to experience new things so I plan to explore their public transit, streets, restaurants, karaoke/noraebang, onsen/jimjilbang, and try some meetup groups. Also hiking Bukhansan just north of Seoul. Mt Fuji may be too much, but maybe also a smaller mountain in Japan.

What do you plan? Is that a 3 month trip?

Garage door opener quit working again for the 3rd time since we recently bought our condo. Picked up a Genie at HD and had planned to install it myself which I've done before. But after talking with DW I returned it and had a local company come install theirs. Spent twice as much but didn't have to do anything and have support when needed.
But had to clean up their mess they left and had to get the app working since the installer had "never installed the app on an android phone, only iPhones." Took me less time to install it than it took him to get frustrated about it. But that is more a pet peeve.

I've had an Apple Watch for a couple years and it has been very good at bullying me to get off my butt and exercise. Today I'll hit 500 days in a row closing all three rings (Calories, Exercise minutes and standing once per hour).

I decided to treat myself and upgrade to an Apple Watch Ultra 2. Snagged one before they got pulled from the shelf due to the lawsuit against Apple.

I've had an Apple Watch for a couple years and it has been very good at bullying me to get off my butt and exercise. Today I'll hit 500 days in a row closing all three rings (Calories, Exercise minutes and standing once per hour).

I decided to treat myself and upgrade to an Apple Watch Ultra 2. Snagged one before they got pulled from the shelf due to the lawsuit against Apple.

that's a great accomplishment, congratulations!

There's something in the air making me want to spend. Or maybe it's just winter boredom. In the last 3 days:

Round-trip Business Class airfare to London for my trip in September. Mostly used airline miles, plus $337.50 taxes and fees they pass on to the customer.

Impulse purchase of WSJ on-line at 50 cents a week for the first year. They'll bill it at $2/month. Really, I wouldn't have had a problem paying up front!

I wanted a paper monthly planner small enough to fit into my purse- despite my facility with tech, I REALLY need the visual in front of me and didn't always transcribe things from my phone calendar to the paper one and vice versa. I had a nostalgic thought about the Economist magazine pocket diaries I used to get in the 1980s. So, I got this. https://economistdiaries.store/products/the-economist-2024-pocket-diary-red With shipping it's $80.99. Scandalous, I know.:D Not going to tell anyone I know in real life what I paid for it.

Smart. I also ordered before the sales stop. A series 9 though. They’ve resumed selling due to an appeal.

I want to BTD and spend $5k upgrading my family to business class this summer on a trip. I want to spend $5k on an extra weekend trip I was thinking about. I want to spend $5k on a weekend trip with my BFF.

Spent Christmas with my BIL, our 3 nieces and their kids. In the spirit of Christmas and dizzy from the Santa rally in the market this month, we told the nieces we would fund $1,000 to each of their kids 529 education account. One niece is pregnant and due in February, so we'll fund that one too when the time comes.

I want to BTD and spend $5k upgrading my family to business class this summer on a trip. I want to spend $5k on an extra weekend trip I was thinking about. I want to spend $5k on a weekend trip with my BFF.
Do it.

Wanting to do it is one thing.

Pull the trigger.

You won't regret it.

4 tickets to the Reliaquest Bowl.

My son had 2 of his buddies over yesterday for football and they were giving him a hard time about joining them for the bowl game in Tampa over NYE/NYD weekend. They were all screwing around on their phones looking at tickets but very indecisive. I logged onto seatgeek, picked 4 on the 50 yard line, and done. Boom! "Here you go guys, 4 ticks, done, on me...go have fun." They were shocked.

They want me to go with them but I don't know that I want to crash my son's party. I've known these guys forever and it's nice to seem them now as adults.
they are having a great time. view from their seats.

Attachments

• IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom