Bump Locks?

Outtahere

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is scarey.

after the first video the next one goes on to show how to do it.

Its not all that scarey. Bump keys are for sale on ebay. Buy one and just try to make it work...not that easy. Any theif that will go to all the trouble to have all the bumpers will get in anyway.

If you want to upgrade your locks go for a 6 pin Medeco or similar. Schlage is a good brand and can be fitted with Medeco cylinders. Also avoid "keyed alike" deadbolt, passage lock combos. Even better have a different manufacturer's model, or at least a different key blank from one lock to another. Call a bonded locksmith, buy good stuff... not the Lowe's or HD junk.

Reminds me of the userid and password topic. Security is a pain, but necessary. If you're worried about it, do something about it. Peace of mind is priceless.

Also might want to install countermeasures for crowbar-forced entry on the door, or brick through the window entries. Or boot-to-the-door breaking and entering. If you're real scared...

Why spend 10 seconds playing with the lock to get a clean entry (while you're wearing gloves), when you can spend 4 seconds w/ a crow bar and just rip the door open?

I managed to lock myself out of the house this weekend, and it look the locksmith a sold half hour to pick the lock. I should send this on to him. :)

Coach

Back
Top Bottom