Can someone explain why this lease is so expensive?

It’s hard to analyze a lease payment without knowing the money factor, purchase price, and residual. But in general, a lease can become very expensive if:

1) The purchase price does not reflect a good discount off MSRP

2) The money factor is high

3) The residual is low

So if you can get those three data points we can help you to determine why the pricing is higher than you are hoping for.

I'm sorry you took it as snide. I've read and posted on several of your threads from Hi, I'm new and asking for advice, to your Millionaire next door thread ( hence the mention of TMND) to your new thread about changing work situations and the stress that comes with that.

Just think of me as the Angel on your shoulder whispering in your ear about some of your past posts and feelings about money. It's your money and your decision but IMO it's OK to comment about previous posts and comments that posters have made. Note, last I remember reading, you guys were up to about 300+K a year income, albeit with some significant debt. It's not a question of if you can afford it, but is this something that fits in with your long expressed goals and plans. Only you can decide that. I remember on the MND thread posters commenting about the danger of lifestyle creep and the very human habit of justifying the material things we think will make our life better.

On the truck front most likely doing the buyout is going to be the best call for you right now.

Thanks for the reply. It was a long day at work yesterday, and I let my skin get a little too thin. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. It was a long day at work yesterday, and I let my skin get a little too thin. Cheers.

You are caught up in the famous "fog of work". It happens to everyone. The harder you work, the less clarity you have in thinking. The harder you work the more you feel in need of a material reward to keep you working.

I found it somewhat interesting that in your OP you said right off, I don't want to hear if anyone thinks this is a good idea.

Hope today is a better work day and that you have a good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom