Can you identify this?

It's one of those egyptian temple things, where at a certain hour on the day of the summer solstice the sun shines through a specific window, hits the Jiffy popper and heats it up. The popcorn pops and the occupants of the house celebrate in a strange, fake-butter-scented ritual we call "afternoon snacking."

I can't believe that in the two minutes it took me to type in my response (while refereeing two munchkins) you all went through six posts.

REWahoo, mowed your lawn lately? You might discover some rusted out cars you could sell for scrap and recover some of that $34000. ;)

Late to the party. I wanted to guess that it's an original Andy Warhol.

Ever seen the plastic bag filled with water above a doorway? Supposed to keep flies out. Silly, superstitious people.

Ever seen the plastic bag filled with water above a doorway? Supposed to keep flies out. Silly, superstitious people.

Google the science on that. You would be surprised why fly's will congregate on the water bag. Specially if the humidity is high.

I was with my brother-in-law when I saw one of these, and he gave a different explanation. He said that it acts as a lens and the fly sees a big reflection of itself and gets scared, and doesn't go in the room. He ended with "All I know is that it works."

That was when I lost respect for my brother-in-law.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom