Can't/won't get that any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one of those and a bidet toilet seat as well. But not everyone is prepared to spend $2,500 on a toilet plus another $500 to install an electrical outlet next to the toilet. The basic non-electric bidets that sell for around $40 still work fine. They just don't offer all of the high end features of the electric models. But water is still the best way to clean down there.

You have to ignore the reviews on Amazon about leaks. Every product that involves water is going to have some percentage of people who either did not install it correctly or got a bad unit and will write a bad review. In general those units are fairly reliable and at under $50 a good value.
Indeed. Handheld works very nicely, and since my toilet is next to my shower, I got a shower diverter instead and an extra long hose, so can have nice warm water. This one was just dandy (although the current version looks different ).

Cloth Diaper Toilet Sprayer Kit,... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07QW546N3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I agree. I'm not sure if we are in the minority or it just seems that way because those who share our views are being drowned out right now by others who are reacting out of fear and are more vocal in their views.
I agree with you in that I want to live my life to the fullest and do everything that I did before. But with infectious diseases that is really a rather selfish attitude. We know that people can be a symptomatic carriers so what if you get infected unknowingly and then get on that airplane or spray droplets on the gym equipment.

We need to be sure we can’t infect anyone or spread the disease before we resume our old lives. When there will be tests for that, no one knows. We all need to suck it up a little.

While having someone in your home who may present some sort of health threat is uppermost on people's minds at this time, there are other serious (IMHO) considerations in the decision to age in place or CCRC that may be, ultimately, more impactful over the long term.

It’s not my intent to recommend whether a CCRC or aging at home is the better choice – you get to decide. But aging in place is not simple if you don’t remain in relatively good health physically and mentally.

Here’s a few observations based on my own experience of caring for someone at home as well as watching others in the thick of it. As always, YMMV.

1. You may need a small army of helpers which include people to perform maintenance activities (mow the yard, fix the roof, etc.), and assist with personal care. This is like running a small business with interviews, hiring, firing and payroll. It can be exhausting.

2. You may need modifications to your home and vehicle to permit use of a wheelchair. I promise renting one and going about your imagined activities (laundry, cooking, bathroom, etc.) will be enlightening. Try it for a day or a weekend to build confidence you are prepared. You’ll need transportation to medical appointments and if you would like to go out somewhere.

3. If you plan to rely on family, neighbors or other social networks (church, etc.) as volunteers, you’d be wise to begin developing a list of at least 15 – 20 helpers so that none are overwhelmed for the long haul. A sustainable strategy is to plan for asking for help about an hour or so a week as people generally won’t burn out at this rate. You’ll be the project manager scheduling tasks or need to have this be a task someone else does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom