CBD oil

Use CBD topical and edibles as needed for sleep/anxiety/ and/or arthritis pain. Works very well.

Has anyone used CBD oil for sleep? I have a terrible time sleeping. This was in a local paper a few days ago. I wasn’t aware that we could even do this here. Apparently our law enforcement folks are being lenient right now so I want to try this in case they close the store.

Quote from article:
“Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson issued a memorandum to law enforcement in September 2017 that said cannabidiol or any product containing cannabidiol, obtained by any means other than the authorized University of Nebraska Medical Center study, remains illegal to possess, manufacture, distribute, dispense, or possess with the intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense.”

https://journalstar.com/news/state-...cle_36fa16d4-eb21-5f39-94a1-66c24a38d8f2.html

CBD may be the next wonder drug or may just be hype. With limited studies, it is hard to say. Try it - it isn't addicting, doesn't get you high. If it works for you - yay!

That said, there are many proven methods to improve the likelihood of sleep. DW did an online class from Kaiser Permanente (our HI provider) that helped her a lot when she had issues sleeping due to the onset of menopause. They included having a routine, meditation like exercises, not eating too close to bedtime, no caffeine after 4p (I think) etc.

Google for those tips. I've never suffered from insomnia, but after seeing DW suffer through it - I hope I never do.

Oh - we live in CO, but she hasn't tried CBD yet.

Good luck.

I'm not sure about Nebraska but traveling through Kansas was interesting. Kansas loves to put out fake drug checkpoints, they can't actually do that. They look real with flashing lights on the highway off in the distance, and a convenient road to pull off on.!

I don’t know how they do it here but according to the newspaper they can really haul it in. Lots of various activities on that interstate.

The checkpoint is down that road, couple of troopers down there. Since you pulled over they now have probable cause to search your vehicle.
You pulling over is not probable cause as has been decided in several cases.

I use melatonin occasionally, but is it safe for long-term daily use?
Also, seems like no matter what I do I only sleep 6 hours max at a time...

I use a CBD cream for joint pain. It works better if it has some THC.

I live in WA state and use CBD cream with THC in it on my knee. I have arthritis in my knee and the dull pain I have goes away with the cream. I will need a knee replacement in the next few years, but as long as I can put some cream on it to dull the pain I will do it.

My pharmacist says the CBD cream with THC will not show up in a drug test.

I have some oil and some cream now. They put some oil in a small paper cup of water that I drank in the store. Supposed to take once in the morning and then again around supper/dinner time. We will see...fingers crossed.

As a person with bad allergies, I would just caution everyone to safely sample anything new. Anytime I try something new like CBD (which I have not tried yet), I put a small amount on my skin (assuming its a cream, oil, liquid). Then I will progress to a small amount on my tongue. If no reaction, I’ll take a very small dose. If a CBD dose is a drop, I’d try to take half of that, which admittedly gets tough in the case of small doses. Point is, allergic reactions are serious and take precautions when trying something new.

As a person with bad allergies, I would just caution everyone to safely sample anything new. Anytime I try something new like CBD (which I have not tried yet), I put a small amount on my skin (assuming its a cream, oil, liquid). Then I will progress to a small amount on my tongue. If no reaction, I’ll take a very small dose. If a CBD dose is a drop, I’d try to take half of that, which admittedly gets tough in the case of small doses. Point is, allergic reactions are serious and take precautions when trying something new.

Very good idea. Too late for me since I jumped in head first. So far no reaction. My grandchild had a bad reaction a month or so ago to tree nuts but didn’t even dawn on me with this. Thank you.

I'm not sure about Nebraska but traveling through Kansas was interesting. Kansas loves to put out fake drug checkpoints, they can't actually do that. They look real with flashing lights on the highway off in the distance, and a convenient road to pull off onto.

The checkpoint is down that road, couple of troopers down there. Since you pulled over they now have probable cause to search your vehicle.

Just keep driving. Do be careful as the sudden appearance of lights on the highway can cause a big traffic issue.

A buddy if mine got popped in one. He'd been elk hunting in CO bought his DW a recreational candy bar. They had several large coolers in the pickup, in case they'd shot an elk. Trooper's thought they hit the mother load, only to find a $20 candy bar. They made him throw it away!

Law enforcement must be wasteful now. When I was underage and getting caught with alcohol they would confiscate it and take it home with them. I thought it was fair deal since they never ticketed me.

Law enforcement must be wasteful now. When I was underage and getting caught with alcohol they would confiscate it and take it home with them. I thought it was fair deal since they never ticketed me.
Ha! Reminds me of a friend's story about going back to visit a professor or someone on his old campus, and they wanted to sit and have some drinks. Maybe it was late and liquor stores were closed, or they didn't want to bother going out, so the guy told an RA to go bust some freshmen in a dorm to get them some alcohol.

You pulling over is not probable cause as has been decided in several cases.
The fact that you fell for the trick and got off the interstate before the supposed but non-existent drug check point is what the cops are using to concentrate suspects. If I lived in Kansas, I'd be wondering, who gets up one morning and thinks "I want to enact a program designed to trap small-time pot smokers coming out of Colorado using unconstitutional tactics". What possible motivation could such a person have? Just a power thing? Revenue generation with fines? I wonder if it's an unelected bureaucrat or some elected official trying to score points with an electorate that would mystify me.

The fact that you fell for the trick and got off the interstate before the supposed but non-existent drug check point is what the cops are using to concentrate suspects. If I lived in Kansas, I'd be wondering, who gets up one morning and thinks "I want to enact a program designed to trap small-time pot smokers coming out of Colorado using unconstitutional tactics". What possible motivation could such a person have? Just a power thing? Revenue generation with fines? I wonder if it's an unelected bureaucrat or some elected official trying to score points with an electorate that would mystify me.

Well sure, but the courts have established that the person taking an exit does not constitute probable cause, because there may be another reason the person took the exit. Without noticing some type of driving violation when taking the exit (or afterwards), there is no probable cause to pull the person over.

Oh sure - we know all the motivations. There has also been the powerful motivation of seizure of assets that can directly benefit a police/sheriff department.

We agree about the probable cause, but the K9 guy signals his dog to jump towards your trunk and that's all they need. The key is to never stop.

Thanks for identifying a possible motivation, but can they take your car if you have a few grams of pot?

Yes!

I started taking CBD supplements a month ago for sleep. I love it. I have actually been sleeping 8 hours and getting great sleep! I also feel it helps me chill out during the day which is wonderful. Things that used to cause me anxiety do not seem to bug me as much.

Sue

I started taking CBD supplements a month ago for sleep. I love it. I have actually been sleeping 8 hours and getting great sleep! I also feel it helps me chill out during the day which is wonderful. Things that used to cause me anxiety do not seem to bug me as much.

I’ve only taken 1 dose so far (yesterday) and I imagined that I slept somewhat better last night. I put the cream on my heels and I think that also helped. Normally my feet cold (neuropathy) but last night they felt hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Charlotte's Web company from Colorado seems to ship to all 50 states.

https://www.cwhemp.com/

From the looks of their investor relations tab, they just completed a public offering in Canada (CWEB), and they are trading on the OTCQX (CWBHF).

They have a variety of concentrations. I take CBD daily - mainly as a general health and wellness supplement. I also give my Labrador Retriever a low level dose for his periodic joint aches and pains.

Last edited:
My wife tried CBD oil to help her sleep, but it didn't seem to help much. She has settled on using melatonin and lemon balm, which she says definitely help herg sleep better. You can either drink lemon balm tea, or just take a lemon balm capsule, about an hour or so before bedtime.

Well sure, but the courts have established that the person taking an exit does not constitute probable cause, because there may be another reason the person took the exit. Without noticing some type of driving violation when taking the exit (or afterwards), there is no probable cause to pull the person over.

Oh sure - we know all the motivations. There has also been the powerful motivation of seizure of assets that can directly benefit a police/sheriff department.
Thank you. They violated the law when they exited. That is exactly what was done in the ones I've seen. Among the multiple signs were ones instructing people they must stay on I70 and clear the checkpoint, not exit, and not turn around. They had orange cones set up on the turnarounds and a couple that were spread wide apart on this exit ramp. So when you went down the exit you violated emergency signage on an interstate. There was no services there, just a road going off to BFE KS.

Obviously most people understand what it's about. The location of this checkpoint gave clear signs. It was messaging to people who lived in the area.

I saw one more obvious being set up on Westbound I70 in September 2016. I wanted to stop and ask the deputy how much Cannabis was headed from Missouri to Colorado?

The Value of this Forum

I was aware of the medical marijuana arguments, but never knew of CBD oil. So I found a local shop about 3 miles away and went to discuss options with proprietor. DW has Fibromyalgia , arthritis, and a few other ailments. We're headed there on Monday to see if it can provide relief. I'm optimistic.

So, once again, sincere thanks to the folks here.

To me, "CBD" stands for Central Business District, which is what we call our downtown area. :LOL:

I went through the usual experiments and craziness a half century ago, back in the 1960's. I went from "Oh wow, isn't this amazing and cool, have a banana and how about those colors!" to "I have never been this miserably, abysmally bored before in my entire life, I can't even read like this much less think logically", fairly quickly. Other than its uses as rope, I don't have the slightest desire to have anything to do with that plant. Most especially I do not plan to ever ingest or smoke anything derived from it again no matter what the claims may be. Go right ahead but it's just not for me. :cool:

I guess adding to my lack of motivation, is that I really don't have much of a sleep problem at all. Naps are wonderful if/when needed.
6978-albums71-picture641.gif

I've giving it to our dog for about a year now. Really hard to tell if it does anything. The original intent was to reduce anxiety during car rides, but that was a bust. It is also supposed to help with stiffness and at 12 she still runs around like a pup. :confused:

To me, "CBD" stands for Central Business District, which is what we call our downtown area. :LOL:

I went through the usual experiments and craziness a half century ago, back in the 1960's. I went from "Oh wow, isn't this amazing and cool, have a banana and how about those colors!" to "I have never been this miserably, abysmally bored before in my entire life, I can't even read like this much less think logically", fairly quickly. Other than its uses as rope, I don't have the slightest desire to have anything to do with that plant. Most especially I do not plan to ever ingest or smoke anything derived from it again no matter what the claims may be. Go right ahead but it's just not for me. :cool:

I guess adding to my lack of motivation, is that I really don't have much of a sleep problem at all. Naps are wonderful if/when needed.
6978-albums71-picture641.gif

Oh the plant, hemp.[emoji1] Well, I have hopes for that plant.[emoji1] It was mentioned in the first article that first hemp must be made legal to grow and included in the farm bill. The article that mentions the research at Nebraska Medical Center mentions that more hemp will be needed when this drug becomes commercially available otherwise it would cost a small fortune.

From article US NEWS:
“The drug used in the study is the Epidiolex oral solution, a product approved in June by the federal Food and Drug Administration. The drug is extracted from a compound of the plant that doesn't produce a high. According to a university report on the clinical study, the federal agency is rescheduling the drug before making it commercially available.”

This would really help the farmers.

Back
Top Bottom