CD Ladder Opinions Please

BTW, have read Bernstein's book, she wasn't interested.
Have on my desk, books in progress. Peter's Dividend Playbook, Malaspina's Nest Egg, Grangaard's Strategy, Live it Up by Merriman, Ben Stein's Time the Market.
I don't think she needs to read the book. I was suggesting that you need to read the book.

One of the points of my post is that once you've read Bernstein's "Four Pillars" (not his other books) then you can stop pondering and start allocating.

If you've already read the book then review the asset allocation personalities in the back of the text and then start making decisions. You can save the rest of the books to read while you're working on your bucket list, but they won't help you finish the things that need to get done.

My wife and I have about 1 month before we part ways for good and it appeared some people were willing to help me learn quick.
A cynic would ponder whether your spouse is just going to wait you out and then do what she's been intending to do all along... so why not do it "with her" instead of "for her" or "to her"?

How about this:

4 years expenses in mixture of MM and short term Treasuries
The rest in a good balanced fund or target fund
Read and continue to learn with your wife alongside

Take money as needed...............

My wife and I have about 1 month before we part ways for good and it appeared some people were willing to help me learn quick.

Getting a divorce?? Didn't know that........... If that is the case, you probably will have bigger issues than asset allocation in the near term........one of the first being getting a good lawyer.

Last edited:
FD, quick thank you to you and CFB and jIMOh and R Wood especially, among all that were so forthcoming with thoughts and ideas not just limited to her initial desire of safety. Very helpful.

I joined to ask questions in a way that we felt comfortable with. She was also reading and asking questions and I feel like it was worthwhile. She was very engaged with the thread and some of the suggestions were very welcome because she liked that type of explanation rather than cold dry ink.

She decided to end participation and let me just occasionally ask a question. So I'd like to say thanks and hope this was not a waste of time, it certainly was not for me.

PS: PM you about the parting.

Not leaving the board (too much good sharing).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom