Changing the balance of quality of life and financial independence

Hey justin, I hope you guys had your shirts off and a red sunburn that'd set off a geiger counter, just in case you got arrested and ended up on cops...

Anyone actually finish TWO 40's? On the rare occasion I've imbibed, I get a headache about 2/3 of the way through the first one.

honobob said:
Actually the "median" person made 18.5% on his down payment in Marin!

You got a better place to get 18.5% in a slow year?

Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the one-trick pony's Miracle of Leverage. Could you tell us, Mr. Miracle, how that leverage affected the median Contra Costa county buyer last year? (Hint: -27% return on 20% down.)

Look, I wish you the best of luck on your real estate investments. Personally, I have to look at the gains of the Bay Area in the last 10 years, and I see an area that was the epicenter of two bubbles: first the dot-com bubble (1996-2000) directly followed by the liquidity-fueled housing bubble (2001-2006).

I think it would be cool to see the Bay Area floated by another bubble. Or two. Or one hundred. I'm just not willing to bet on it. Really good luck to you.

Let's revisit this topic in the next 5-10 years, OK?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey justin, I hope you guys had your shirts off and a red sunburn that'd set off a geiger counter, just in case you got arrested and ended up on cops...

Anyone actually finish TWO 40's? On the rare occasion I've imbibed, I get a headache about 2/3 of the way through the first one.

Not to interrupt Honobob's flexing of his investing prowess muscle, but yeah! I finished my two 40's - then had a 16 oz glass of Long Island Iced Tea. I felt like I had been on cops when I woke up the next day. :'( :'( :'( Not sure if it was the two 40's or the LIT that gave me the headache though... :D I definitely realized that I can't drink like I'm still in high school...

My buddy also finished his two. I thought we were going to get arrested (or shot) when my neighbor Cletis came out at midnight to see what we were shooting and hollerin' about. I'm sure he was toting his gun, too.

wab said:
Let's revisit this topic in the next 5-10 years, OK?

Why not just look back at the last 30 years?

All of Contra Costa will bounce back. In fact the Walnut Creak area is up and experiencing multiple offers again. It's the McMansion people that are screwing up the figures. Just say no to McMansions.

honobob said:
It's the McMansion people that are screwing up the figures. Just say no to McMansions.

They just want a piece of your 18.5% pie. Won't you be happy if you get 9.25% and they get 9.25%? :D

justin said:
They just want a piece of your 18.5% pie. Won't you be happy if you get 9.25% and they get 9.25%? :D

Actually I said it was 50% of the Marin people that made the 18.5%. Seems so easy a caveman could do it. I actually made better YOY but I don't count the yearly spikes. I look at it long term which has been 11%.

What I bought in Honolulu 2003 and 2004 have averaged 15% & 19% annual appreciation. I expect that to drop to my 30 year experience of 9%. Now if Wab could validate his price predicting ability then I could jump in and out when I'm 50% YOY appreciated.

Then again, maybe I'll drink a couple 40oz. "malt beverages" and work on my predicting abilities. ::)

Look you guys, I'm quite capable of fricking up my own thread...can we get back to talking about odd drinks and shooting stuff in our backyards?

Long islands wont hurt you if you use the good booze. Dang painful if you go with the cheap stuff. That malt licker will kill ya though.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Look you guys, I'm quite capable of fricking up my own thread...can we get back to talking about odd drinks and shooting stuff in our backyards?

Just think of this as our tastes-great less-filling debate. Sort of our traveling comedy routine across multiple threads.

wab: Housing Bubble!
bobo: Great Investment!

sku2353.jpg

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

Long islands wont hurt you if you use the good booze. Dang painful if you go with the cheap stuff. That malt licker will kill ya though.

Honobob, what kind of returns would you say I got if I bought my house with a 125% LTV loan (I cashed out 25% of the purchase price), and now my house went up in value 59% in three years? I wish I had a caveman and/or some 40's to help me calculate that rate of return.

I realized this thread is worthless w/o pictures.

IMG_9378.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

Hey, he built a little pile of stuff and teetered precariously on it to reach that empty beer can my wife left on the counter. Its my wife thats the lightweight, she only drinks budweiser and only has one.

Budweiser...the breakfast of champions... :p

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

In ancient days - Longneck Dixie beer and leftover cold pizza.

Whole wheat toast/honey and green tea before I put on the coffee pot.

old age sucks!

heh heh heh

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey, he built a little pile of stuff and teetered precariously on it to reach that empty beer can my wife left on the counter. Its my wife thats the lightweight, she only drinks budweiser and only has one.

Watch out CFB, child services may be scanning images and will show up at your door any minute now.

donheff said:
Watch out CFB, child services may be scanning images and will show up at your door any minute now.

Seriously. CFB does live in California, after all. ::)

Sooo - you make sure the pizza you hand child services has all the food groups(not just cheap pepperoni) and serve the beer in a chilled glass.

Really high class in CA huh? We used to talk about people in CA - growing up in the old PacNW.

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Gosh if there was even a drop in the can, I'd be nervous.

Just in case though, i'm taking my shirt off, going to sit in the sun for 8 hours, and drink a couple of 40's.

Fortunately I havent shaved since the day before yesterday.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Gosh if there was even a drop in the can, I'd be nervous.
Eh, youse guys are laughing now, but wait until photos like that show up on their cell phones in 12-14 years...

Cherish those precious images. You'll need them to embarrass & blackmail your kids for decades to come, especially if they enter politics!

Embarrassing? Hey, I'd think a teenager could circulate that beer can one with pride.. :) ;)

Must be an intergenerational thing - my Mother would whip out the 'baby album' when I was a teenager - usually worked on me. That was the 1950's.

heh heh heh heh -

Holy cow! King Cobra?? Even in my darkest days....well ok just a few times. I mostly tried not to drink below Mickey's. When I was REALLY broke they had this stuff called "King Country Club" malt liquor. Little red crown on a white label.

And CFB, bud?? Tori won't drink anything lower than MGD.... :LOL:

Laurence said:
Holy cow! King Cobra?? Even in my darkest days....well ok just a few times. I mostly tried not to drink below Mickey's. When I was REALLY broke they had this stuff called "King Country Club" malt liquor. Little red crown on a white label.

You Californians and your sophisticated malt beverages... :D

King Cobra - get bit by the Cobra! The taste is surprisingly good - kind of like bud light or miller high life lite (two of my fav beers). Good if you like light beers. As you can tell, I'm the opposite of a traditional beer connoisseur. ::)

Once bought two cases of Carling's Black Label. Caught sneaking it into an outdoor concert at a city park. Helped the police dump it... :p

Well so far so good, sort of. My master bathroom is now completely ripped out to the studs, my jetted tub is in the middle of the bedroom, and in the good news/bad news area, the dishwasher caught fire the first time I ran it through a full cycle. No damage other than a really nasty burning electronics smell thats just dissipating now, and I get a new dishwasher from the home warranty company! :)

I'm really, really tired of driving back and forth :p I think I've worn a rut in a couple of highways and my utility trailer is screaming for mercy. Wait until it has to haul 2000lbs of tile, concrete and damp greenboard to the dump...

Back
Top Bottom