Cockroaches ?

hogtied

Recycles dryer sheets
What's the best way to rid your residents of these creatures? Thank.

Boric acid applied as a fine powder - use a cheap plastic catsup container 1/2 full of BA and puff the dust out. Apply to perimeter of rooms and remove outlet covers and put a bit in the receptacle boxes. Get rid of any corrugated cardboard - the corrugations are roach tenements. We had one infestation reported by a tenant a few days after she moved in - convinced she brought them with her in her packing boxes as we had none before or after.
Boric acid is available at the pharmacy as an eye wash ingredient - also the main ingredient in Roach-Pruf.

I use 20 Mule team Borax (in the laundry aisle) and do the same thing as Calmloki. If you sprinkle it on carpets, rugs, at the doors, etc, it will really help. Borax also works on fleas if you have carpet.

Roaches are a fact of life in Texas. They don't bring the same stigma they do in other places, here they live in even the cleanest of homes. That doesn't make living with them any fun though.

Since fashion tastes changed and you can't hardly find roach killer boots anymore...

MARY_108FTbb.jpg

...I've resorted to an annual to semi-annual bug bomb do-it-yourself-fumigation, followed up with boric acid use. The fumigation kills 'em dead, and the boric acid gets those you missed and any that want to move in later. I also toss out a couple of those bait/poison gizmos in the dark recesses of lower cabinets, etc.

Just fumigated a few weeks ago, which was my wife's cue to bring home some boxes full of old photographs from her dad's garage. She plopped them down in the bedroom and ten minutes later she's screaming for me to come kill a roach. I'll admit to being confused ("thought I just killed these things") until I saw the box of photos and knew how the sucker got in my house. "Thanks dear, I was wondering how we were ever going to repopulate the bugs after I killed the last batch!"

Roach motels!! emergency housing for the little b&^%$#$@.

Set out roach motels, and also roach-bait. Under the sinks, in dark corners, around where you see them. Change and renew as needed.
Clean like a maniac - no food residue around.
Cardboard - what they said.

If you are sharing a common wall - apartment - townhouse - your neighbors will also have to get on the bandwagon.

good luck!

ta,
mew

Back
Top Bottom