Coffee!

If you are going to Rome, there are two famous coffee shops right on the Pantheon piazza with superb coffee: Cafe d'Oro and Cafe Eustachio. Romans drink espresso or, in the morning, cappuccino. Both are always excellent. Also not to be missed is their unique form of hot chocolate, thick enough to stand a spoon in it. I'll be in Vienna next week where I first learned, long before Starbucks, that coffee could be prepared a hundred different ways. I just love the classic old coffee houses there where you can linger for hours over a single cup.

Marita, explanade, thanks for the tips! I plan to take advantage of every coffee drinking opportunity I can in Italy. Sidling up to a cappuccino bar is definitely on my “to do” list.

Thanks.

Try one of these if you find a barrista who will make it.
For the final layer of the Marocchino, gently pour the foam onto the chocolate + espresso mixture in the serving glass (up to the rim). Now, using the fine-mesh sieve, sprinkle the cocoa powder evenly on the foamed milk. The final step is to bask in the mouth-watering beauty of your beverage before savoring its layered deliciousness

Try one of these if you find a barrista who will make it.
+1
Or understands what you want. Order a latte and you might be surprised.

Denny's coffee is really good too - :)

I'm not capable of making anything other than blobs but this was very good coffee. It's Peets decaffeinated and DW loves the chocolatey flavors.

I found a very good decaffeinated from B&W coffee roasters. https://www.blackwhiteroasters.com/collections/all-things-coffee

We just finished a bag of Sugarcane decaf and its quite bright with a fruity finish. There's a bag of Halo Hartume decaf in the freezer to try next. Yes they even have some instant decaffeinated too. 20221020_104435.jpg

Affogatto. Triple Peets decaffeinated on half ounce of Belgium chocolate with two scoops of Häagen-Dazs and some rediwhip. 20221020_182840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom