Connecting with other ER's in your area

Travelwanted

Recycles dryer sheets
Someone mentioned one of the negatives of ER, particularly in one's 30s, 40s and early 50s is that most friends are w*rking. That has been one of my fears -no one around to hang out.

I realize most prefer to remain anonymous on this site for good reason. However, I wonder if we could figure a way for fellow ERs in different age groups in similar cities/areas to connect. Might be nice to make a few friends with similar interests and TIME!:)

Just putting this out as a suggestion to the mods.

Good idea. I have been trying also. Thought about Meetups but then there is a possibility that FAs or brokers will attempt to communicate (target) you. Other than that I put my location as Northern Virginia on this forum..open to suggestions.

We had a couple of ER.org meet-ups in Houston several years ago. There was a posting here on the board with the date. The time and place were communicated by PM's.

Some of us we were kind of hoping that a hapless annuity salesman would show up. >:D

We had a couple of ER.org meet-ups in Houston several years ago. There was a posting here on the board with the date. The time and place were communicated by PM's.

Some of us we were kind of hoping that a hapless annuity salesman would show up. >:D
I only made it to one of those meetings. It was originally initiated by Nords taking his daughter to Rice (I think). Nords is probably the least anonymous member on this forum.

There are probably enough people in The Woodlands to have lunch and a beer at Goose's Acre. I'll be free for "fish & chips Monday" March 2. :dance:

Of course, other places and times would work too.

Last edited:
There are probably enough people in The Woodlands to have lunch and a beer at Goose's Acre. I'll be free for "fish & chips Monday" March 2. :dance:

There may be several more this year in The Woodlands to make that group meeting after the upcoming oil and oil service job cuts. One of my friends lost his job as a chemical salesperson to the drilling companies this week.

I have meet the occasional male ER type at the gym during weekday mornings. pretty much all the men there regularly in classes at say, 10 AM, are either unemployed or ERd.

There seems to be quite a few ERs here in the Bay Area, but I am not sure whether people meet up or not.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I only made it to one of those meetings. It was originally initiated by Nords taking his daughter to Rice (I think). Nords is probably the least anonymous member on this forum.

There may be several more this year in The Woodlands to make that group meeting after the upcoming oil and oil service job cuts. One of my friends lost his job as a chemical salesperson to the drilling companies this week.

Count me in, I like the Goose's Acre, and a couple of years actually visited the place it was moved from in Midleton while visiting the Jameson's distillery with DW, DD and SIL

Back
Top Bottom