Covid-19 Apps in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYEXPAT

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As soon as Peru allows Americans to travel here again, we plan on going to the USA to pick up my Wife's green card and quickly come back. Depending on what happens over the next year up there, we may reconsider moving back to the USA.

With that in mind, I am looking for an App for my smartphone which tells me via google maps if there are any cases of Covid-19 in my building,on my block or any areas I might frequent?

I have been using one here in Peru and in conjunction with our family's rigorous
protocols (Wife is in Health Care) it has removed any concern's we have regarding the epidemic and are actually enjoying the quiet respite and unbelievable air quality in this city of 11 Million people.

No. In the U.S, local governments do not make the residential data for confirmed cases public. The finest granularity you can get by ZIP code, which is not particularly helpful in knowing about the people on your block.

Google and Apple are working on adding tracing capability to Android and iOS so that in future your phone will be able to tell you that you've been in close proximity to someone who later tested positive. This will only work for people who have their phones with them at all times and keep bluetooth turned on, so it remains to be seen whether it will be effective.

No. In the U.S, local governments do not make the residential data for confirmed cases public. The finest granularity you can get by ZIP code, which is not particularly helpful in knowing about the people on your block.

Google and Apple are working on adding tracing capability to Android and iOS so that in future your phone will be able to tell you that you've been in close proximity to someone who later tested positive. This will only work for people who have their phones with them at all times and keep bluetooth turned on, so it remains to be seen whether it will be effective.
and they have to agree to indicate that they have tested positive. i can't imagine anyone doing that but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom