Credit card bonus - 1 week notice

I pulled the trigger today. Hoping to use the travel credit this year and next before cancelling. Would I be able to get $600 with just one annual fee? Or is it not calendar year based?

It's possible - you'd need to spend $300 after your December statement closes, and before the card renews.

I see the advertising is now down to 50,000 points.

There is more to this card I think. The coverage for trip insurance, emergency medical, etc. This stuff looks pretty good to me though I have not compared with other CC's. Dealing with the UR people by phone is really nice. The Chase personal for this card are pleasant and are not language challenged. Not that I mind an accent in other business transactions, but when you cannot understand the people it's a bummer.

We've already used up our points in 2017. I'm thinking as long as we are traveling a lot that I'll keep the card.

BTW, I found the link to combine points. We use the Chase Freedom card for other purchases (1.5% rewards) and so combining points to use in the Ultimate Rewards section is nice. I've found that for what we buy in UR, the pricing is as good as the other ways of purchasing. For hotels, I check that the purchase is refundable.

Signed up this morning ... looks like it is an OK deal ... easy to get the $300 back on travel ... easy ... also easy to spend $4000 in three months.

So, setting aside everything else, ya get 100,000 points for $150 ... cancel prior to the second tranche of $450.

Back
Top Bottom