Debt Ceiling Resolution Date/Time Prediction

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you think the debt ceiling problem will be resolved before Aug 2, predict the date and time that you think the resolution will be announced. To keep it apolitical, please just post a date/time. Closest wins.

Mine: Aug 1, 11:20 PM

Rules question: Is "kicking the can" down the road a few months considered "resolved" for this purpose? Because I'm 95% sure that's what will happen.

I'm with Ziggy! Our government will circle jerk us for a bunch of months first, maybe longer. They will just raise the limit before Aug 2nd and spend, spend and spend some more. No elections this year so nothing needs to get done.

ziggy29 said:
Rules question: Is "kicking the can" down the road a few months considered "resolved" for this purpose? Because I'm 95% sure that's what will happen.

Hah! Agree.

It will be raised by Aug 2 though, which is what OP is asking, methinks.

I say Monday, Aug 1, 9:55am EST.

Somewhere I read it's important to resolve this before the markets open in Japan. Made sense to me. Since Japan is ahead of us time wise, I'd say August 1st right before the Japanese markets open.

No. The official rules and regulations state "If you think the debt ceiling problem will be resolved before Aug 2..." ;)

I think an agreement in principle will be reached Thursday July 25, final votes by congress Friday / Saturday. Staff will have to W**k all weekend on small final details. President will probably sign it Sunday or Monday, whichever, looks better for him politically.

Somewhere I read it's important to resolve this before the markets open in Japan. Made sense to me. Since Japan is ahead of us time wise, I'd say August 1st right before the Japanese markets open.

I'd like to revise my prediction to Sunday night 6PM Washington, DC time - July 31st.

No formal negotiations were scheduled, but sources said that talks continued among staff members of both parties and the White House amid concerns that the continuing deadlock could prompt a downturn when Asian markets open trading for the week on Sunday night Washington time.

Source: Debt-ceiling talks continue as sides pursue dueling plans - CNN.com

I'm starting to root for no deal. Let's watch it all burn together!

I'll play!...
4 pm, July 28.
In time for news credit Thursday PM, Friday and all weekend.

Turn off their air conditioners until the deal is done.

Might as well play..... what do we win:confused:

July 29th at 5PM Eastern... need it in time to get on the news....

Again, the rules state 'announcement', not signing....

While I think they will kick the can down the road by Aug 2, I hedge due to all the new the tea party representatives.

Back
Top Bottom