Desert Island Selections

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you were on a deserted island and could only have one piece of music, what would it be? Even though I love many forms of music including rock, blues and jazz, my selection would be Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. I consider this as near to perfection as music can come. The 9th touches on so many emotions and moods and is truly inspirational.

Rednecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer.

Wait - an island you say - Da Beach Boys natch.

heh heh heh - or or for the night time - a little John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughn. Can't make up my mind - think I'll stay in Kansas. ;) Plus haven't even got to the women like Linda Ronstadt et al.

Rednecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer.

heh heh heh - or or for the night time - a little John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Stevie Ray:smitten:

His music would be hard to leave on the mainland.

Where would I get the batteries?

Maybe have a piano delivered for my sheet music to South Pacific "Bali Hai" will call you.

Anything in my wife's voice. Its music to my ears. We actually had all of one day on a 'deserted' (uninhabited) island in the South Pacific off Aitutaki. And we just finished 7 weeks together in a Jeep driving up to the Arctic. Listened to a lot of things together.

I like the music I'm listening to to reflect the mood I'm in. Out on a deserted island, I think having Otis Redding as company would do just fine.

I'd probably opt for no music at all because spending enough time on a deserted island with just one song sounds like a sure bet you at some point are going to learn to hate that piece of music.

Jambo has it. Variety is the spice of life.

But I think the OP used the scenario to solicit people's favorite.

Personally, I do not care about the music selection... but instead the item that delivers it.. I don't want no stinkin' iPod. I would want my music sung to me by a young, good looking female companion. And her singing abilities don't matter. :D

Vida Guerra, humming any dang song she liked.

OK Bun-bun, if Vida was bringing a solar powered CD player with her favorite music and asked you to pick one CD, what would it be?

"This is the Song That Never Ends" by the great Norman Martin

This is the song that never ends, As it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, And they'll continue singing it forever just because ->(repeat)

Close second would be Horse Stood Around:

The horse stood around with it's feet on the ground
Horse stood around with it's feet on the ground
Horse stood around with it's feet on the ground

Next verse, same as the first
Could get better but its gonna get worse, 'cause...(repeat)

Stevie Ray, yeah...or the Eagles. One of the two. After the music wore out, I would hope to have a kazoo with me so that I could blow my own tunes. ;)

Young Frankenstein.

If I'm going to be on the island forever, it's got to be this one:

OK something seriously romantic - something the ladies and gents can both enjoy:)

Back
Top Bottom