Did any one use Shoice brand soy sauce

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Many years ago we used a Brand called Shoice Low sodium soy sauce. Best I can find is the company closed, it hasn't been available for a while.

I wonder if anyone used it and did you find a good substitute?

All of the major brands offer low sodium versions - even Walmart's private label.

I personally do not see the difference between one brand and another when it comes to soy sauce.

All of the major brands offer low sodium versions - even Walmart's private label.

I personally do not see the difference between one brand and another when it comes to soy sauce.

That's certainly true for ordinary soy sauce. My friend who owns a Chinese restaurant uses Kikkoman both at home and in his restaurant.

But if you ever want to blow some dough and give your taste buds a treat, try this stuff:
Yamaroku 4 Years Aged Kiku Bisiho Soy Sauce

Someone here recommended it and I went nuts the first time I tried it. Incredible depth of flavor.

That's certainly true for ordinary soy sauce. My friend who owns a Chinese restaurant uses Kikkoman both at home and in his restaurant.

But if you ever want to blow some dough and give your taste buds a treat, try this stuff:

Someone here recommended it and I went nuts the first time I tried it. Incredible depth of flavor.

Thanks for the info. If I were the soy sauce connoisseur I would likely be enticed.

I can taste the difference between brands.

We like San-J Tamari brand and they do offer a low sodium version.
IMO, what ever brand, make sure it is naturally brewed.
PS - most versions of San-J Tamari are 100% soy, i.e. no wheat.

Last edited:
We prefer the San J brand also, gluten free.

Ouch, that's more expensive than a fine aged wiskey. I'm still tempted!
We use soy sauce often, usually mixed with finely chopped thai hot peppers. Lately the okra crop is producing, we steam it and dip it our soy sauce mixture. We have many rice based meals that we dribble the sauce on.
If we're not using soy sauce, it's fish sauce, or also what has been called Saigon sauce, which is a mixture of fish sauce, lemon juice water and sugar. :) Great on eggrolls.
I'm hijacking my own post.

Last edited:
We prefer the San J brand also, gluten free.

I use the San J also.

The reason San J is gluten free, is that it is made from fermented soy. Many other soy sauces have wheat in the ingredients along with soy.

large_80b140d1-9272-4567-a526-ef87606aa536.jpeg

From Costco $6.69

I started using low salt Aloha Shoyu when I lived in Maui and use it for most things now. But I'm tempted to blow some dough and try one of the fancy soy sauces now.

Back
Top Bottom