Do you eat lunch?

Usually some sort of sandwich or maybe only something like carrot sticks and hummus. It really depends on the day and what is in my to do list...

I'm Type 2, so naturally I hate my diet. I also don't usually like to spend time so here's me:
Breakfast: 1/3 cup All Bran Buds w/ fresh blueberries (every friggin day)
Lunch: 1/2 ham/salami/Swiss sandwich (low carb bread, eat other half tomorrow), cole slaw, cottage cheese and some strawberries or melon
Dinner: Fish on the George Foreman, salad, sugar free pudding about three time a week. The rest of the week I'm either slow-cooking something awesome, or cheating with a burger and fries.

I never hit my A1C goal. Naturally.

My AIC for 2 tests were 6.x and then 7.x. Doc said it was time for Metformin. I told him no more medicine, I was going to research and come back to him. a little over a year later, and 40 lbs less wwight (through LCHF diet/lifestyle), not only is my A1C below 5.5, but I am no longer on cholestrol meds. Will see if I can stick to it and what will be going on in another year, but so far so good.

Not for everyone, but maybe give it a try. Did 20 grams carbs/day or less for about 9 months, now holding weight at about 50 grams/day.

Usually, no. I have a late breakfast (tea, either sesame tofu squares or yogurt & leftover pilaf, whatever looks to be tasty and around 200 cal). DH has cornflakes, maybe 2 eggs a couple times a week. No formal lunch but I keep cut up red bell peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, etc. in the fridge, he snacks on an apple or grapes, around 3:00 he eats a few slices of sliced curry-roasted chicken. Our big meal (I know this goes against current wisdom) is around 6-7: lean meat, salad, steamed veggies, small serving of rice or potatoes, one slice of rustic bread. It's more carbs that I used to eat...if our weight or "bad" numbers go up, I'd cut back to either a starch OR slice of bread. So far so good, though.

We mostly look at mid-day eating as "if hungry, eat something small, if not, don't." Once in a blue moon I meet a friend for lunch and it feels like SO MUCH FOOD even if it's a salad. Nice socialization but that means dinner is probably a no-go for me.

Anyone that knows me would not say I miss many meals. Not overweight (according to my doctor) at 6'1" and 225 but I'm not thin either.

For me, lunch is usually the biggest meal for the day unless I'm on the road, then it's usually dinner. Love the bigger lunch and then the hour or two nap that follows.

I enjoy a hearty lunch. I need the calories during the day, not when I am sleeping. Dinner is usually a light meal. If I know I will be going somewhere for dinner and I want to enjoy the meal, I'll go lighter on lunch that day.

Lunch, sometimes. Usually light, yogurt, cheese/crackers. Big breakfast, always. Usually light dinner. I hate to go to sleep on a full stomach.

Usually eat dinner before 6pm, so have some time for digestion.

I freeze homemade soup

I try to make one soup each weekend and freeze it in single-size portions. The goal is to have a variety of soups to choose from so that I don't get bored. Add a piece of fruit and some raisins, and I'm good. Some of my favorites: Indian spiced parsnip soup, lentil and brown rice with Polish sausage, chicken vegetable, spicy red pepper with lime, chipotle cauliflower. It's frugal and delicious!

Yes, I eat lunch. I do better if I have regular meals. However, I try to eat my meals between an 8 hour timeframe and with no snacks in between. Helps with IBS. Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner.

Turns out that I was an intermittent faster for most of my working life. No breakfast or lunch. Ate between 6 and midnight. With retirement started eating breakfast now and then. Still no lunch unless I get a hot dog at Costco - those days usually no breakfast as a balance. lol.

Back
Top Bottom