• Yes- got one in recent years

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No- but thinking about getting one

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Yes- I have multiple tattoos

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Occasionally I'll see someone whose tattoos look right on them, as opposed to something they had done because they were following a trend. As much as I don't want to come across as a grumpy old stick-in-the-mud, I can't quite get my head around why someone would want to make such a permanent change to their skin. That's why I like t-shirts - for a small price, you can wear a completely different design!

But it's your body so if you really want to do it - go for it.

I actually thought he might say something like Belmont and Halsted. :LOL:

I was totally tempted to reply with a smartasserry remark but I held back.

I do agree with one previous post and have recently started noticing that some tattoos look good on some folks... if they are not over the top or crazy, they might be considered 'cool' and even a little artsy. I also think that 99% of the tattoos we see out there are horrible and mostly train wrecks and bad ideas (see 'People of Walmart' emails)

My DW has a very small ankle tattoo in a Chinese font that she swears says 'Peace" but I think it really says 'Broccoli Chicken'. For the record, she's never been in a People of Walmart email :LOL:

I think if for some reason I could no longer donate blood I might get a small tattoo.

images

Whatever you do, wear it proudly!
from
www.smosh.com​

I have one. After a very trying period of time, I got one on my arm that is Eiwaz. A Nordic rune that has been translated as 'Strength through transition' and the tree of life.
The meaning is very significant to me as is my heritage (Norwegian).

Previous to this, I thought tattoos were foolish, but this ... spoke to me.

If you are going to get marked up permanently then it should mean something to you. So really . . . does what you have in mind really mean that much to you?

If it is going to be visible to others then it should be decorative and/or the meaning of it should be somewhat interpretable by others. If you are going to say that you don't care what others think then feel free to join the millions of others with ugly meaningless blotches.

I'm not discounting the possibility that it might look good (look good to who?) but the odds are not in your favor.

No tatoo and no desire to get one either.

Living on the ocean I see many, many people in swimsuits daily and the amount of ink on people these days is downright scary, to me anyway. Mostly it is the younger people but the number of tatoos on the older generation is surprising too. And these aren't usually relics of their military service but of the much more recent variety.

On a sad note, my 20 year old stepdaughter recently got a sizable tatoo of a tarantula on her left shoulder. I can't help but think she will regret this sooner rather than later.

May have to check into up and coming tatoo removal technologies as an investment.

I got one on the inside of my hand last year, I love it and I get compliments on it (although I suppose the people who are appalled just keep quiet).

The tattoo artist warned my friend and me (we got related tattoos together to commemorate an accomplishment) that we should think twice about putting them in such a visible place -- that there might be future employment problems because of them. It was nice to be in a place in life where neither of us could imagine having to take a job with a restriction like that!

If I was playing in the NFL or fighting in an octagon and wanted to look a little more scary, then maybe. But heck, at 64 I'm already scary enough.

Maybe you should try a temporary before going down the permanent path.

No tattoos and no plans to get any. My ears are pierced, but nothing else.

If I wanted to have a tattoo for some reason, like to enhance a Halloween costume, I would use one of those temporary ones. I did wear a red rose flower temporary tattoo on my cheek ;) for Woodstock 99.

None for me.

We informed our children while they were in high school that we would not pay college tuition for anyone with a tattoo. While DS was never tempted, this actually saved DD on a number of occasions from group tattoo excursions (she's the artsy/musical type with lots of tattoos and piercings among her friends). DD actually does want to get a tattoo at some point, and she thanked us recently about our rule because she now is being very serious and deliberate about what she chooses as a permanent adornment.

When I was growing up it seemed like only old f**ts had tats and they tended to be droopy and fuzzy. Guess that colored my perception of them. I suppose the "technology" might be better now, but I have absolutely no desire to add one at this point.

I always thought if you were a WW II vet then it was ok otherwise no one should have one. I hate tattoos and would never have one. I did figure out there is one scene and a apropos saying that I'd like to have and even then ABSOLUTELY not! YMMV.

A low Tooth to Tattoo ratio in these parts is not desirable, unless it is the beholder of course. The stereotype seems to be that it is directly proportional to education and IQ. So rather than appear stereotypical, I would steer clear. :)

Pic of my 20 year old stepdaughters tatoo. Ugh! But at least it looks like it was well done.

Attachments

• Tarantula Tat.jpg
    Tarantula Tat.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
No tattoo for me, but I have nothing against them.

+1. If some notion ever came up that I wanted to make permanent, and I figured out where to put it, I'd probably get something small. I sometimes think my DH and I are the only folks we know without one in our wide circle of peeps.

Pic of my 20 year old stepdaughters tatoo. Ugh! But at least it looks like it was well done.

I bet that one gets her boy friends a little nervous.

It's quite the piece of art! But it still makes me uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom