Do you trust auto service personnel ?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 36 58.1%

• Total voters
NO, my friend (the heavy duty truck mechanic) buys the parts for me from the autoparts store at a 10-20% discount over what I as an individual can buy them for. I then take them to the shop that is working on my car. (not my friend who has no time to work on my car sadly)

The conundrum is that while he's tried using other aftermarket parts they just don't last as well as the GM parts and then he has to eat the cost of doing the repair again under his warranty.

I don't know... the original GM part is what failed causing the problem :LOL:

Couple of experiences I've had with "genuine GM"

Noticed some coolant on the serpentine belt. Took it in for them to look at, came back said the water pump leaked needs to be replaced. The replacement cost was crazy. They tried to calm me down by stating the replacement comes with a "lifetime guaranty" ... I looked at them and asked why the one the car came with doesn't have lifetime guaranty if they can give one on their replacement part... no answer for that.

The headlight lift motor went bad, GM dealer was $400+ to replace. Second went out, I replaced it myself, part was ~$60. The first one went out again :mad:. I started googling and found the real problem and fix. Plastic gear in the lift motor wears out, it can be replaced for $2.

Back
Top Bottom