Does anyone use Fidelity's Full View?

There is a Fidelity investment forum similar to this forum.

Thanks for mentioning this. Turns out I joined about six years ago and promptly forgot about it. Since looking at it again I found some topics that aligned with some of my current questions/interests. So I put the "shortcut" to the forum right next to my Fidelity shortcut. We'll have to see if it is helpful in the long run.

I found it by adding cards to the all accounts page under customize on the right hand side of the page

There is also a link in the bottom left corner of the summary page.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 27
There is also a link in the bottom left corner of the summary page.

No luck for me either and I have enough with them to get the free TurboTax.

Wonder if it's because I'm not an active trader (only ETFs & money market funds)

Guess I'll have to ask my assigned advisor.

No luck for me either and I have enough with them to get the free TurboTax.

Wonder if it's because I'm not an active trader (only ETFs & money market funds)

Guess I'll have to ask my assigned advisor.

Definitely not an active trader either so I don't know why I can get it.

I didn't see the forum on my account either - but my account may be too small.

Also, my profile may not fit the active investor over at Fidelity. I put in an order for one - yes - one - share of JEPI, and warning sirens and alarm bells went off. (I have been permitted to order treasuries, and more recently a CD.) :D

I believe that the full view popped up at one point, but it came with an agreement to hold them harmless and pay their attorney fees, and I was not in the mood, so passed on that.

I didn't see the forum on my account either - but my account may be too small.

Also, my profile may not fit the active investor over at Fidelity. I put in an order for one - yes - one - share of JEPI, and warning sirens and alarm bells went off. (I have been permitted to order treasuries, and more recently a CD.) :D

I believe that the full view popped up at one point, but it came with an agreement to hold them harmless and pay their attorney fees, and I was not in the mood, so passed on that.

Update: For the community, I found:

either by invitation or -

Qualifications
Active Trader Services
Trades: 120+ stock, ETF, or option trades in the past 12 months
Portfolio Value: $250,000 or complex trading needs

Qualifications
Active Trader Services

Interesting. I got an invitation to join about 5 years ago.

Here is what I see. I am a customer since early 1987. Currently, a taxable account and a rollover IRA with them, combined about $1.5M. Also my current small 401k. At the end of 2018, I had about $1.7M there, right before they told me "my relationship with Fidelity was insufficient" for free TurboTax after giving it to me without asking for it for a few years previous. Indeed it is a trivially small perk but those were the exact words that a phone rep used. I even said "Is that what you really mean to say to me?" You just don't forget something like that.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 18

Qualifications
Active Trader Services

ALL the qualifications appear to be needed, then. Since I've had more than $250K at Fidelity for decades.

ALL the qualifications appear to be needed, then. Since I've had more than $250K at Fidelity for decades.

No, the very first sentence says by invitation. That is how I got in.

Last edited:

I only meet the portfolio balance requirement, (less than double that amount), and have access to the forums.

I know there are other Fidelity forum users on here because ER.org comes up in discussions at the Fido forum. Maybe others can chime in as to how they got invited. We have a big portfolio and have been with Fidelity a long time. The other qualifications listed don’t really apply to us.

I have only been a member since 2022. I initially joined as I wished to look at their bond tool, and opened up the account with a minimal deposit - maybe $50 to get a $100 bonus. I thought that as long was I was opening the account, I might as well get the $100.

I subsequently transferred very small sums to Fidelity set up roll over traditional and Roth IRAs. I had decided to do a 60 day roll over from Vanguard to Fidelity for tax purposes, as I could walk a check into Fidelity and confirm the completion of the rollover. Then I opened up a cash account (acts like a checking account) and used that as a conduit/ holding station in lieu of Capital One, as Capital One was just great at lowering interest rates on money market accounts if you didn't watch them like a hawk. And then - I transferred some money from my "operating" bank account, over to Fidelity, since my bank wasn't paying interest. Finally, I transferred money from my tax account (account holding funds for the payment of taxes) over to Fidelity since they weren't paying interest. And - I opened up a brokerage account to buy bonds with the funds that will eventually go back into the tax account.

But still, I haven't moved funds from my old brokerage accounts, so my account balance is relatively small. Vanguard still has better interest on their settlement account, and I like the Schwab (TD) customer service.

I find it very useful that all my Full View accounts appear in the left side column on my Accounts page when I open Fidelity without having to go to the FV tab. The Summary view, which opens first, lists the total of "All accounts" (Including non-Fidelity accounts) as well as a separate total of all "Fidelity only" accounts. FV is quirky and doesn't always work perfectly, but it works well enough to be useful.

This isn't exactly related to Full View (I don't use it), but I was wondering if there is an ability to see News...ONLY for your portfolio holdings....on Fidelity? I have pecked around and can't find that ability anywhere, which is kind of surprising. I can get that on Yahoo Finance and Google Finance, and can sign up for alerts for news on my holdings on Merrill.....but maybe I am just missing this on Fido somewhere?

Just sharing something I learned about Full View. When I recently spoke with my Fidelity rep, I asked her what the "below the surface" difference is between Full View and eMoney Advisor, which is a Fidelity-owned financial planning software used by advisors. I know there are lots of functionality and flexibility differences but I was curious about how reliable the projections are for the Full View "engine" as compared to eMoney Advisor. She said two things: (1) The data used to run Full View is not updated as often as eMoney Advisor's data and (2) the Monte Carlo projections for different allocations have been pre-run. Due to the number of people using it, it would be too resource heavy to run each one individually on demand.

Last edited:
This isn't exactly related to Full View (I don't use it), but I was wondering if there is an ability to see News...ONLY for your portfolio holdings....on Fidelity? I have pecked around and can't find that ability anywhere, which is kind of surprising. I can get that on Yahoo Finance and Google Finance, and can sign up for alerts for news on my holdings on Merrill.....but maybe I am just missing this on Fido somewhere?

It’s one of the tile options on your main summary page. It’s called News about your Investments.

Back
Top Bottom