Don't you hate when this happens...

Living by myself in a small space now and I can find everything. It’s a beautiful thing:)).

A couple Sundays ago I was looking all over for a shoe horn. Everywhere.

I couldn't find it. I looked all over the house until I found it. I had it in my other hand the whole time.....

A couple Sundays ago I was looking all over for a shoe horn. Everywhere.

I couldn't find it. I looked all over the house until I found it. I had it in my other hand the whole time.....
Oh no! Like me looking for my sunglasses!

I’m really good about leaving them right by door now.

Also good thing that purse, keys have AirTags now and I can find my iPhone by tapping on my watch.

Last edited:
This is why I got the "Senior version" GPS. It not only tells me how to get to my destination; it also tells me why I went there.

Do they make one of these for inside the house:confused:

Do they make one of these for inside the house:confused:
I have to use the “portal” trick. When I forget why I went somewhere in the house, returning to where I was just before usually helps me remember what errand I was supposedly on. It may still take a few seconds, ha ha.

If I think of an important todo or something that needs to be on a shopping list, I had better write it immediately, because any distraction or time lapse it flies right out of my brain!

Well, that's old age for y'all.

I guess if you recognize that you forget something and try to recall it, at least you still remember that you miss something.

It may progress to a point where you don't even know that you forget or should remember certain things. When you get to La-la land, you will no longer be saddled with memory loss. You will be free.

Certain things you need a saturation point though. Like pliers and screwdrivers. Can never have enough. At least a dozen of each scattered around the house and always in easy reach.

Yes, and those screwdrivers by some freak law of nature love to gather by kind and be all flat heads when you need a phillips and vice versa. :mad:

I'll add flashlights to your "never can have too many" list.

Experts say, it is normal to not remember where your keys are, for an example. The problem is when you find the keys you don't know what to do with them.

I "rarely" forget what I have, what I've done, what I'm doing, what I've said or what I've written.

Last edited:
I "rarely" forget what I have, what I've done, what I'm doing, what I've said or what I've written...

Last edited:
We have a city house and a lake house. Every time I look for something it's at the other house--we think. Tools are the worst thing to misplace.

I have 3 of many items. It's just how things are--and accepted as such.

I have specialty toolboxes, one for electrical, one for plumbing, one for mechanical and a little overlap in each. But also, I have a huge free standing mechanics toolbox and a huge peg wall area. So at least I am organized.

Your posts reminded me what a buddy did with his similar to your setting of multiple location sets of tools and say finding a tool in your pocket or tool belt later and wondering where it came from.

He color coded his tools with colored tap or plastic dip by location.

Yes. That thought has crossed my mind when hiding laptops or keys before a trip. Even my "hiding" place needs to not be too too clever...

We bought a small gun safe for keeping tablets, laptops, unused credit cards, car keys, etc., secure when we go out. The $500 we spent was well worth it to not lose things we hid in a 'safe' place! :LOL:

I have resorted to a text file on my home computer telling me where I hide stuff for when we go on trips.

My computer is encrypted, so All I need to do is remember the password for it.
Just have to remember something. I get it. What could go wrong?

Living by myself in a small space now and I can find everything. It’s a beautiful thing:)).

There is freedom and peace of mind in simplicity.

Other than a few treasured keepsakes, I have purged a lot of junk from the past to make room and time for today. It’s gratifying.

There is freedom and peace of mind in simplicity.

Other than a few treasured keepsakes, I have purged a lot of junk from the past to make room and time for today. It’s gratifying.

On the other hand, one gets the pleasure of discovering long lost treasures. :D

Just earlier this week, while scrolling through Quicken looking for a particular expense, I came across an Amazon purchase two years ago that I did not annotate.

Wondering what it could be, I tracked it down to a WiFi wireless adapter that when tested did not work as I imagined, because of a limitation that was not the adapter's fault. I put it away, and of course promptly forgot about it.

Went looking for it, found that it was put back in the original box, and placed on a shelf. Hmmm... Maybe time to take it out again, and look for a different spot to use it. :D

PS. At least, I still remember playing with it and put it away. My mother and mother-in-law would say, "Who put this darn thing in my house?".

Last edited:
My brother has given up on teaching my mother to retrieve voice messages on her cellular phone. He prepared a step-by-step instruction sheet, printed it out for my mother, and walked her through it.

A week later, asked my mother about it. "What instruction? You never gave me anything".

He did it again. Next week, same thing.

My sister who never got involved with stuff like this the other day claimed she has taught my mother to retrieve text messages. Said my mother would not be able to send text, but now knew to read messages sent to her. I and my brother looked at each other and shook our head.

Later asked my sister about it. Surely, my mother has forgotten everything about it.

When I was in graduate school, my advisor was always loosing his pens. when he went on sabbatical, I took over his office because his large desk was great for spreading out papers as I wrote my thesis. One day I open the top left drawer on the desk to find 30 to 40 pens in the back. I realized that my advisor would use a pen, then open the drawer and drop it in. When he shut the draw, the pen would roll to the back never to be seen again.

Things.jpg

Any chance someone "helped" you by putting it away so it did not become "lost".

Ha Ha possible but unlikely. The do-gooder would have been my girl friend, and she would have notified me of it.

That happened to me a few years ago. I had a hose for siphoning gasoline with a mechanism at one end that you jiggle to start the flow (no more mouthful of gasoline).

Couldn't find it to save my life. Ordered a replacement. A few days after the replacement arrived and I used it, I found the original. Now I have two.

Back
Top Bottom