DQOTD: How Do I Calculate/Find My PIA Once I'm Older Than FRA?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
All the calculators I know of ask for my PIA to run analysis. But I'm more than 2 years older than my FRA now, and PIA is no longer shown anywhere on my SSA statements that I can find. I assume PIA adjusts with COL every year, so I can't just look at my PIA from a 3 year old SSA statement either (right?).

[edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out. In case anyone else wonders... My current FRA PIA is my current benefit at age 70/1.32. That also happens to show in survivor benefits under "Spouse, if benefits start at full retirement age" on my statement though it's not spelled out as my new PIA]

Last edited:
The good news is that could be exactly what I am looking for, thank you.

The bad news is the Mac download will not work with the latest Mac OS, so I can't even try it...probably never since it's already 11 years old. :blush:
Note that this Mac version will not work on a Mac running Lion [2011!] or newer versions of the OS X operating system. We hope to produce a Mac version which will work on newer versions of OS X, but we have very limited resources to devote to that project at this time.

Last edited:
I made my own a while ago. Just input your PIA at your FRA it calculates all the other ages. (now that you know your PIA)
Also does the breakeven scenarios for various claiming ages vs other ages.

Attachments

• social security ages and breakevens for er.org.xls
    36.5 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom