easy budget software

Instead of taking time to learn these applications, I would just use mint.com My dad only know how to make a call using Skype (and not interested in learning anything more than that). He found mint very easy to work with, very self explanatory and has a phone app to add entries on the go.

Give a try with one account and if you like it add more otherwise delete the account.

Excel is not as easy as it seems. I used to use excel when living in Europe and was a headache.

We do MUCh via ATM/Debit Card, and I run it all thru Quicken. Only 'cause 'Q makes balancing the bank account SO EASY. Otherwise we don't REALLY budget... but then we are fairly frugal and not prone to wild expenditures - even BIG TICKET items are not impulsive. DW got a BMW Z-4 after I retired - I was more than willing to pop for a brand spanking new one. SHE, however, is MORE than happy with one that had just come off a 3 year lease, and had just 23k on the odometer (God I love that girl). She REGULARLY watches for air fare sales and cruise sales and other deals. Otherwise, we kind of budget by how the balance looks. And THIS from a retired CPA.... HA!!! DID that poop for TOO MANY YEARS to do it at home too. :nonono:

I spend MY spreadsheet time looking at portfolio balances.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom