Elon Musk - Time's person of the year

If they took the profit from that first bitcoin pizza sale (which was 10,000 bitcoins or so IIRC, or a $500,000,000 pizza) it would be easy to fund this!

I'm ahuge Musk fan-boy. He's built businesses and sold businesses to finance whatever his next endeavour is. Many of his businesses have an element of altruism, ie electric cars, hyperloops, boring company, space exploration. I don't hang on the guys' every word, but as an engineer, I do follow his businesses and marvel at what he gets done. Like resuable boosters. That's been the holy grail forever.

Having said all that, I still don't own a Tesla, because I'm cheap and there aren't many used Teslas yet.

Some people feel better about themselves by tearing down others who’ve accomplished more in a month than 99.99% of us will in our lifetimes. If they can find something questionable or controversial about a famous person, they feel that discredits everything else the person has accomplished - proof by exception. It’s how so many experts are discredited these days, often by people with little to offer themselves. It’s become a national sport in the US.

Would we actually be better off without Musk, Jobs, Gates, etc.?
+1000. Well said Midpack.

Back
Top Bottom