Email and reminders?

I write the stuff on my calendar on the wall in my office with a ball point pen.

thank you!

For all of the replies. I plan to read and implement suggestions over the next few weeks!

Yes, I can do the reminders, but what I want is a variable 'snooze'. Like long term stuff, I might want to snooze for a week, just so I don't totally forget. Near term stuff (cooking), I might want 5 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. AFAIK, it would just default to 5 minute snooze, w/o options (desktop version). I leave the browser window open, no problem there.

Right... there actually seems to be no "snooze" feature, variable or otherwise in Google Calendar reminders. I don't even see a 5 minute default snooze. For me, the notification pops up at the scheduled time, and I can either clear it or ignore it. It won't pop up again. Snooze would be a nice feature.

Yes, I can do the reminders, but what I want is a variable 'snooze'. Like long term stuff, I might want to snooze for a week, just so I don't totally forget. Near term stuff (cooking), I might want 5 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. AFAIK, it would just default to 5 minute snooze, w/o options (desktop version). I leave the browser window open, no problem there.

-ERD50

aCalandar has a variable reminder.

I am old school. I have a paper calander I put all that info on. Work days (a couple) every week, alll appoints , reminders,etc

There was an initial learning curve but everybody in our extended-family household now happily uses the iphone Calendar and Reminders apps.

I have an individual calendar for my personal entries, a calendar I share with my wife, and a calendar shared with the household. Entries from the various calendars show up in my Calendar app display with different colors. Display of the individual calendars can be turned on or off in the Calendar app. I had some difficulty initially understanding that the Calendar app could contain and display multiple sub (?) calendars with different settings and shared in different ways.

My wife and I have shared Reminders lists for groceries, for Costco, for general reminders, for favorite restaurants ("Oh, yeah, we haven't been to that one for awhile."), and for breakfast spots. There is also a reminder list shared with the entire household (trash, recycling, filter changes). And, then, I have my individual "to do" list that I mostly ignore. Often we use Siri to add items to our shopping lists. Some reminders are single use but others recur on a schedule. Some are set to generate alerts.

Whiteboards and stickies have disappeared. My wife does keep a wall calendar for recording and scheduling some events (gutter cleaning, window washing,...).

Back
Top Bottom