European Problem Solved? It's a Secret

DH & I were on a road trip all last month, bumped into a couple of German tourists on 'holiday'. When I asked about their take on the European financial crisis one commented, "The economy of Greece vs the EU is akin to that of North Dakota vs the USA. Chump change. Relax."
It's not the size of their economy that counts; it's the amount of their bonds held in EU Banks.

Ha

Shows why I don't market time. Dow up 330. Oh well, maybe it will fall 400 tomorrow.

It probably will be down tomorrow. I bought a big chunk of Wellington on Saturday morning before any of the good news hit. I am guessing my buy price was as of close today.

Of course, if the problem is not lack of confidence but instead lack of solvency, the secret doesn't matter, and neither does Monday. The emperor has no clothes. There, or here.

Yep...when you have super fast computer programs running/controlling the stock market,(as seen on 60 minutes). We, are always going to be seconds behind the big corporations when you buy and sell. That is why "They" are saying we are having all these ups & downs as of late. Take your money and run! :dance:

...When I asked about their take on the European financial crisis one commented, "The economy of Greece vs the EU is akin to that of North Dakota vs the USA. Chump change. Relax."
So size matters? :LOL: ...

Anyway, it's the old thing of buy on the rumor, sell on the fact.

Nothing new here, IMHO. I'm sure when the "proposal" is delivered, there will not be any immediate change to the underlying Euro States positions since no solution will be accepted by all (sounds a bit like our own situation, within the Beltway :angel: )...

It probably will be down tomorrow. I bought a big chunk of Wellington on Saturday morning before any of the good news hit. I am guessing my buy price was as of close today.
Not a guess - your price is monday's closing price.

European Problem Solved? It's a Secret

Ok...I'll say it. I thought someone figured out how to keep their pants dry after they coughed/sneezed and were keeping it to themselves.

Good one. Actially, I think you're right -- I saw this interview on the news.

Brian Williams: Are you willing to reveal your secret solution to this problem?
Angela Merkel: Depends!

Oh noes! The Slovakian Senate vote is delayed! Turn those machines back on! Get back in there, and sell, Sell, SELL!

I think I'll take a nap.

Oh noes! The Slovakian Senate vote is delayed! Turn those machines back on! Get back in there, and sell, Sell, SELL!

I think I'll take a nap.

Now those Slovakian rejected the bailout of the "spendthrift" Greeks. If you think about there really has been remarkable progress in Europe now days disputes between countries is settled with bombast and not bombs.

Unfortunately the opportunities for satisfying the bombast market (microphone, speechwriters, and electronic thesaurus) are much smaller than the bomb market.

Back
Top Bottom