Evernote Thoughts

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Does anybody use Evernote to organize their information? What do you think of it?

I would most likely use it for organizing travel information, lists such as grocery lists, things to do lists, favorites lists and so on.

As far as I can see the data is not encrypted so I would not put any financial or highly personal information on it.

I use Evernote to store recipes. I learned of it right here on e-r.org and really like it. It came in handy when I wanted a recipe for last year's NFL playoffs.

That's just one of many things I learned about here when I thought back. Could be a good thread topic, eh?

I use it as a replacement for the old Palm Memo app. It's a little overkill for that. One problem I have is that the free Android version doesn't keep local copies of your data. that requires the monthly subscription.

I think I learned about it here, and I use it a lot. Much as you do, I keep shopping lists, to-do list, movies that I have so I don't accidentally buy them again when I see them in the $5 bin, movies I might want to rent, books I want to read, packing list for an upcoming trip, etc. Basically anything I might want to see or add to on any of my laptop, kindle and phone.

Sometimes I use it to transfer a photo or a file between devices. I've switched to Google Drive but still use this way at times.

And even though it isn't encrypted, I keep account names and passwords in my own abbreviated way. I have a few different systems for both account names and unique passwords and with just a letter or number or two I can tell what it is, and I don't see how anyone else could deduce them.

I occasionally used Evernote at work, because another scientist there was a big fan and I had to use/modify his evernote files to do my work.

It doesn't really float my boat, maybe because of the association with work. I never really liked it.

I'm a huge fan of spreadsheets, though, and use them for lists even when there are no mathematical computations involved. Spreadsheet usage may not be the ideal way to deal with lists, but it is for me because I like it (YMMV).

Brilliant tool, use extensively

Brilliant tool. Premium worth the pricetag easily if you intend long term use and want to have no real limit on storage/uploads. A game changer for organizing your life and having easy ubiquitous access from anywhere in world, anytime, with almost any device.

Personal use only for me (use other tool standard for work interoperability) but I don't have any real privacy concerns. It is easily as secure as any cloud service and more secure than storing the PC in your trunk or having it sitting in your office at home, easily stolen if you are unlucky. I leave that to you discretion of course.

I use Evernote extensively, I have almost 5,000 notes in it, organized in a few dozen notebooks. The most powerful feature for me is the search function. It makes it very easy to find the information I are looking for. I personally do not trust Evernote's ability to protect my data from prying eyes (they've been hacked before), so I do not use it to store sensitive information.

I am thinking of buying the $25 a year version that allows notes to be stored on the device and not just in the cloud. While wifi is often available, having to seek it out often takes a lot of time. When traveling, there is no guarantee of wifi and sometimes cell phone coverage..

I have used Evernote for a couple of years and yes, the premium version is worth having.

I love EN and have the premium version. I use it a lot for trip planning and sharing motes with others who can also add content. I like the ability to access notes across devices. The phone app is great for taking and uploading photos and voice notes on the fly.

The Clearly and Clipper add ins, which I use with Chrome, make it easy to automatically clip Web pages and pdf files into EN when surfing.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom