Examples of current inflation - add yours!

small purse pack of clorox wipes, used to have 10 wipes, now has 9, $1.99 travel size.
I need to start making my own again, lol

12 ounce cans of Coke products by the case. 3 years ago - 19 cents a can. Today - 35 cents a can.

We drink too much soda but play all the loss-leader sales to feed our habit. I should just quit! I think ours have gone up from about $0.25 to $0.40.

A cheerful note amid the gloom. I stopped into a local pub in the Bohemian section of town, expecting there to be a Trivia contest. But it was tomorrow. So I sat at the bar and ordered a pint of craft beer at the $5 special price. It was exxxxxxxcellent, let me tell you. A whole pint, just the right temp, very fresh, etc. I think $5 for a pint of craft beer is pretty good these days.

Dis he mention that a good 70% of the current U.S. EV manufacturers won't qualify for any exemptions? ;)
And it's a non-refundable tax credit, so people who need it the most won't benefit.

I roughly figure that Walmart school supplies are up about 30% from last year. I follow this spending category as we often buy school supplies for Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes.

Lidl by me has 50 cent bread. Chicken was $1.99, went up to $4.29 and back to $2.99. Quaker oats $3.58 now $5.58, I found Lidl Old Fashioned Oats $3.49 same size. My supermarket usually has loss leaders that are higher but still not bad. Gasoline $3.759 today.

Two years ago I bought a "special purpose" electric motor with a 5 year limited warranty. The motor failed this week so I called the supplier for a replacement. The replacement motor (after applying the discount for the limited warranty) will cost me $240 more than the original.

Not that I buy them anymore (since going low carb) but noticed 5lb of potatoes are now $7.99 at the nearest Walmart when not long ago I believe they were closer to $4. Still not seeing any indication of food price increases slowing.

A dozen large eggs were $3.49 yesterday. When will this bird flu thing ever go away? I think a year ago, a dozen large eggs were 99 cents at Aldi sometimes.

Stopped by Aldi today for a few things. The tomato juice I purchase sometimes is now $1.99, used to be $1.49 few months ago. Then were out of stock on another item.

At Aldi, the 15oz tub of margarine was $3.49. It used to be under two bucks. But then I saw that 16oz of real butter was $2.37! I'll splurge on the calories for that. Just swim a few more laps.

Asbestos test went from $30 to $40.

Not that I buy them anymore (since going low carb) but noticed 5lb of potatoes are now $7.99 at the nearest Walmart when not long ago I believe they were closer to $4. Still not seeing any indication of food price increases slowing.

Wow, really?!? Are you in Alaska or Hawaii? I looked up the 5 Lb bag at our local WM and they are $3.67

Wow, really?!? Are you in Alaska or Hawaii? I looked up the 5 Lb bag at our local WM and they are $3.67

No, I'm currently in the southeast. The price really surprised me as well, enough to make me look at the various types (Russet, red, etc) but all were that price.

Last edited:
No, I'm currently in the southeast. The price really surprised me as well, enough to make me look at the various types (Russet, red, etc) but all were that price.

I'm in Pa, and potatoes have been available for 50 cents a pound for the last few years. If they go up, I just wait for them to come back down to 50 cents. Must admit, I haven't looked at them for a few months, though.

Made me look here in N.Ga. 2 WM & 1 WM grocery they are $4.27,$4.67 & $5.07 3 differant areas of town and really differant clientel.

I looked at my electric bill rates.
Total KWH used, 800. Includes running AC part of day, most days and Sauna heater 2 to 3 times per week.

Find it interesting that per KWH previous month I was paying $0.119898 current month was part month 692 KWH @ $0.119899.
I fired that supplier.
New supplier charges per KWH for part of month 0.081980. They got new rate approval, next month it will be 0.83xxx.
Of course there are a raft of transmission and miscellaneous chargs added to arrive at total bill. Total $132.27
Ends up @ 17 Cents per KWH.

Previous year old supplier was in 0.07xxx range per KWH.

Last edited:
Yesterday DW and I met 2 of our long time motorcycle friends 1/2 way between both our houses for lunch. We met at 2pm so restruant wasn't busy. we sat and talked for a couple of hours. Afterwards the suggestion was made to go down the road to a DQ for ice cream,which was joyfully followed up on. We spent another hour eating and talking /mostly talking. As we were leaving my DW ask me to get her a cup of icewater, which I did. I ask the young man if I could get a cup of water. His answer was yes sir the water is free but the cups are 60 cents. I said really ? Yes he said I've never figured it out but the owner says thats how it is. I bought the "free water" but just shook my head.

Electric rate increase of just over 5% effective with this month's billing. Not too much impact (for me) with average monthly electric cost of just under $100 before the increase.

Total KWH used, 800. Includes running AC part of day, most days and Sauna heater 2 to 3 times per week.

Find it interesting that per KWH previous month I was paying $0.119898 current month was part month 692 KWH @ $0.119899.
I fired that supplier.
New supplier charges per KWH for part of month 0.081980. They got new rate approval, next month it will be 0.83xxx.
Of course there are a raft of transmission and miscellaneous chargs added to arrive at total bill. Total $132.27

This is a big discussion around here. New rates in N Texas are about $.14/kwh. About 40% more than a year ago, mainly due to nat gas prices.

We locked in $.099/kwh inclusive of transmission and taxes for 3 years, 1 year ago, so we are good for 2 more years. On the bright side we gassed up for $3.24/gal the other day.

Electric rate increase of just over 5% effective with this month's billing. Not too much impact (for me) with average monthly electric cost of just under $100 before the increase.

I just heard last evening that natural gas has gone up and that bills are going to be 40% higher this year, that includes electricity. And they had already gone up a lot last winter, so this is getting ridiculous.

I fired that supplier.

Edit: I made a typing error in the new rate: It is 0.083xxx

I just heard last evening that natural gas has gone up and that bills are going to be 40% higher this year, that includes electricity. And they had already gone up a lot last winter, so this is getting ridiculous.

I just reviewed our gas and electric bills.
From August 2021 to August 2022 our gas prices have increased 36.9%.
From August 2021 to August 2022 our electric prices have increased 5.9%.

I just reviewed our gas and electric bills.
From August 2021 to August 2022 our gas prices have increased 36.9%.
From August 2021 to August 2022 our electric prices have increased 5.9%.

From August 2021 to August 2022 my gas bill has increased 13.8%.
From August 2021 to August 2022 my electric bill has increased 96.4% (almost double).

We are a mile or two outside the city limits, thank heavens. From what I have read online, the increase has been almost twice as bad within the city of New Orleans, as it is here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom