Facing Prostate Surgery

Great news! All tubes out, tolerating liquids, all signs you are improving and ready to heal at home.

I'm happy for you. Seems everything is on track with your recovery. Best wishes.

I was discharged earlier today (Sunday, Aug 13). It is soooo good to be back home. First order of business...a nice, long, hot shower followed by a peanut butter sandwich, followed by a nap without interruptions. Hard to pick one as my favorite. I see my PCP in a week and the surgeon/urilogist in 2-months for follow-ups. Gonna spend the first few nights in my recliner which is closer to the john until I'm certain my control is back.

Last edited:
Congratulations Rich! You're a tough guy and have truly earned a smooth recovery from here!

There's no place like home. So glad you're well on your way to full recovery.

Just checking in hoping you are getting around a little better every day!

So glad to hear the good news that you don’t have cancer! Hoping you continue to recover.

Wonderful! Recovery is usually quicker at home.
Glad you are so much better.

well, recovery not going real well. instead of 1-night in the hospital I was there for 2-weeks. came home last Sunday (Aug 13)...partial bowel blockage. that included an NG tube for a week. you don't ever want to go there.

now...haven't had a #2 since monday and have some right-side abdominal pain (1-2). fingers-crossed the doc doesn't re-admit me.

thanks for checking in.

Back
Top Bottom